Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I have some questions for everyone. So recently, I've been seeing comments...

K

Kayla Wilson

I definitely use the portability of my switch. I bring it to work and use it on my lunch, I bring it to class, I use it in the bed. I use it while taking a shit... You see the uses are endless!

J

Jason Cameron

What’s the purpose of this question? Do you need social reassurance that you won’t be a loser if you enjoy games? Then here it is: only insecure teenagers and immature douchebags think gaming is only for kids or that you are more of a man if you hide your games in your house and enjoy them only in secret. Mature adults are secure enough to play whatever games they want, wherever they want, on whatever device they want.

A

Antonio Carbajal

Because if you use it outside it means you're homeless?

D

Douglas Guy Slavens

Or just really tired.

J

Joshua Jaz Rodriguez

Some people just love to hate unconditionally

K

Kenny Kuang

I always do what I like and don’t care what others think. I dye my hair to look like Eminem. I have 4 ear holes for earrings, I have tattoos and I love video games. I don’t care what anybody thinks.

J

Jordan Saylor

Portable is more convenient for many situations.

Z

Zachary Moore

So far the only time I’ve needed something to keep me preoccupied outside of my home is once a week when I go do laundry (because my washer has been broken and I’m too lazy to get it fixed), but I take my switch with me.

A

Angel Isian

Haters....

K

Katie Rhea

I use the switch as a portable gaming platform for 90-95% of its use

W

Will Bartos

Nintendo ran a poll asking how they use their Switch - docked mode primarily, portable mode primarily, or a combination of both. According to the poll, about half the people do both docked and portable mode, and about 30 percent primarily used the Switch as a handheld console. That leaves 20 percent using it primarily as a home console, without taking it out of the dock.

Laptops are a different experience and are much bigger than the Switch. A tablet is much more refined, but you won't get the triple-A experiences the Switch is getting (you don't hear 2016's Doom coming to tablets any time soon). The Switch is extremely unique in how you get the best of both worlds.

Source of poll: Nintendo via ReviewTechUSA

A

Andrew Hoyt

Because they are idiots , graphics snobs, and or a Nintendo Hater

I

Isaac Howard

I am definitely a loser for using a piece of technology for its intended purpose ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

L

Lee Tea

In my experience, people ridicule something they don't understand.
At work, I kept saying how I'd bring in Mario for my lunch breaks once it came out. People would laugh and say, "you still play video games?"
Then Mario came out, I brought it in, and everyone who walked by was amazed at what they saw. Now no one laughs, and a couple of them plan to get a Switch for their kids for Xmas. Understanding goes a long way.

P

Phil Yellott

Portable all the way.

D

David Rees Jenkins

My gamer tag is solidopc. I haven't touched my gaming laptop since I got the switch when splatoon 2 launched. I initially hung about for abit of rocket league but when I heard it was coming to the switch. No question which one I'd rather play it on at home or out. A gaming laptop isn't a handheld device. It's a mini TV screen with motherboard attached with big ass hot fans. I've always bought every Nintendo console since the n64. I sold my wiiu in the end and crossed to the dumbest platform xbox one s. It just synced with my laptop and all that was only reason I got it. You're pretty spoiled for choice with a laptop and games. But the switch is by far and away the most I've ever seen Nintendo throw behind anything. They moved to using the same chipset as the nvidea shield which so it was easier and more familiar and less expensive to make games for the switch versus previous nintendos. I've never know a Nintendo with so many great games and it just isn't stopping. Plus they give you the one thing missing from all other platforms. Nintendos library and dam they are throwing one out after another. When in nintendos 1st year do you remember getting Zelda. New Nintendo classic in the making ARMS. Splatoon 2. Mario Odyssey. Mario Kart 8 a port really but still. Pokemon for those into that. Fire Emblem. And the 3rd party games are starting to roll in much faster than the first 3 months. I just preordered DOOM. Which looks really great. Multilayer should be great. NBA Playgrounds I preferred to 2K18 and there's fifa 18 not my thing. But if that wasn't enough we have rocket league the week after this. 4x4 racing. There's some new car sim that looks good. I'm not even doing it justice. There's a ton more amazing games. Some of the cheap ones are my fav. Love ping pong trick shot and JYDGE. Robonauts is cool as heck. They are doing Kirkby and Yoshi games. There's Mario rabbids. Smash Bros another huge one. Luigis needs another game I think. Metroid fans will be in high hopes after all this is the only St 6 months. For Nintendo and indeed anyone this is as good as it gets. Some people just have a downer on Nintendo cus it's too kiddy and if you don't use gaming keyboard and mouse and have turtle beach tattooed on your face you're not up to playing same old tired worn out formats. Nintendo is giving me the whole lot to the point I don't need to use my laptop to play games. And as for nonsense about I only want to game in the house. How many times have you been sat having a good game. Doing better than usual. And you have to go somewhere and are like ah man I just want to play video games. Well here you are. It's like picking up a tablet. Not having a hot laptop stuck on your lap. Plus u don't need to look like a plank with your gaming mouse or controller out on the bus or anywhere else. It's easier. Faster. Lighter. More fun. Graphics be damned. I don't need to see everything in 4K. Only my laptop screen is 4K of any TV I own. So it's nonsense. Full HD is fine. It's a video game..look plenty real enough these days to me. And at 720p in your hand with a sdcard game library. Are you mad? You should own one. Ask the 12K more people they sold a unit to just last week in Europe. Sales are 10K above ps4 or xbox in the US even. Japan gone mad for it.

D

David Rees Jenkins

If you were ever going to buy any Nintendo it should be this. It's projected to have sold almost 17million units in its 1st 12 months. 3rd party games will be rolling in. It's outselling the wii massively.

J

Justin McGowan

Dude that's the vocal minority. Just ignore them. Those of us that love our Switch and use it in all ways intended just sit contentedly watching the idiocy take over.

D

David Rees Jenkins

Some people just want to be able to play Nintendo games on the ps4 or nextbox. Irritating Microsoft. They can't leave their computer heads at the door and focus on just games. I don't want an all in one dodgy ass company like Microsoft and Google and yahoo hawking my private info out to the highest bidder or God forbid I might get persecuted for streaming us Netflix. Get some apps like twitch and YouTube though I'd rather twitch. Apps like deeper and Spotify. Make sure the paid Internet isn't a flop and awful. Does anyone even use that for splatoon? I use discord another app they could get on there. Netflix. Amazon. You just replaced my phone u stick a SimCard in the next switch. I would hate tht though. That's Nintendo going all Microsoft and doing a a hundred things poorly a score of things perfectly

C

CJ Simpson

Used mine at hospital whilst waiting with my friend. Was well worth bringing

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom