Contact advertising [email protected]

Alright guys, I need some help. I just got New RAM (2 identical sets of 2x8 Corsair...

C

Charley Velek

Alright guys, I need some help. I just got New RAM (2 identical sets of 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz 16-19-19-36). Upon installation and enabling XMP, it boots just fine into Windows and everything is registered in Device manager. However, when running Intel Extreme Utility memory stress test, it shuts off both monitors but doesn't reboot my PC (I can see my motherboard temps flux as the test runs and concludes) But the screens stay black and unresponsive. I even reset to default BIOS and still does the same thing! Any ideas??

Specs: MSI Z270 Gaming M7
i7-6700K oc 4.7Ghz 1.3V
EVGA CLC 280mm
RAM listed above
EVGA 1080 FTW2
Samsung Evo 500GB

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

Maybe voltage unconsistency.
The xmp can often have a hard time alting in a very accurate way.

C

Charley Velek

It comes at 1.35V stock. I know RAM voltage suggestions get into a gray area around 1.4V.. so I don't feel like I have much headroom here.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

Try manual oc@2800 mhz, and see what the result is.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

stock V

C

Charley Velek

Well these same issues persist even with stock settings across the board.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

what bios version?

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

according to msi they've had a memory compatibility update every update since release

C

Charley Velek

Newest for my board. I check bi-weekly.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

so it's just during the specific stress test you run you encounter this?
may there be a memory leak in the application itself?

C

Charley Velek

Maybe so. Seems that certain instances of Prime95, and Intel Extreme Utility memory stress tests fail/crash me. But I've managed to game without any issues whatsoever.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

Do you have a crash log?

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

windows or the application itself?

C

Charley Velek

No, I don't.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

there's a windows application called event viewer.
You might be able to look for a crash report there.

C

Charley Velek

Okay I will do that too. Although I just bought them 3 days ago. Would you happen to have a link to said forum?

C

Charley Velek

Ran 9.5 hours of Memtest86, not one error.

J

Jared Stultz

Well the problems may be that you bought 2 different kits, the reason they sell ram in kits, instead of just one at a time, is cause they check at the factory to see if the sticks are compatible, if you buy 2 separate kits then you are just gonna have to hope you got lucky, but looks like you didn't.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom