Contact advertising [email protected]

Alright guys need some help. Ryzen 1700. Asrock x370 killer sli/ac mobo. Newest bios ....

N

Nick Mountains

Alright guys need some help. Ryzen 1700. Asrock x370 killer sli/ac mobo. Newest bios . OCd to 3.8 in bios. Gskill ripjaws 4x8 3200. But cpu-z is showing this....

C

Chris Treubig

The DRAM frequency shows half of what your Ram's speed is (DDR = double data rate) so currently you're at around 1800mhz. Go into your bios and look for the advanced settings for memory. If all the sticks are the same and your board can run them at that speed, you probably need to enable XMP or whatever they're calling the memory profile in your bios. You should see a dropdown somewhere with your current speed (1800) and there should be an option for your rams specified speed (3200). If it doesn't say the speed it'll say something like XMP (extreme memory profile) or something along those lines, you need that enabled.

N

Nick Mountains

Didn't know about the half thing. But xmp is on and set to 3200. Idk why cpu voltage shoes .528 and speed is like 1546. And not 3800...

S

Stephen Brook

Run a benchmark like r15 you will see the core speed ramp up

C

Chris Treubig

Your cpu speed and voltage change as the cpu needs them to. You don't want to be running at full speed and voltage 24/7 when the cpu is idle, it's for efficiency. If you go into your power settings in Windows you'll probably see you're on balanced mode, if you put it on performance it'll run your cpu at 100% at all times, but it's just going to shorten the lifespan of the cpu and draw more power.

N

Nick Mountains

Gotcha so if all my oc settings were set properly in bios this actually should be correct at 3800 speed. It's just not needing all the power currently would would hit it if need be? Also the ram speed still doesn't seem right

C

Chris Treubig

So yeah run a benchmark, aida64 is a good one, and you'll see everything max out under full load.

C

Chris Treubig

I'm not sure what's up with the ram, make sure your board can run it that high, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that would cause that

C

Chris Treubig

It would seem your mobo doesn't support 3200mhz ram

S

Stephen Brook

As for the ram, make sure the ram is enabled to run at that speed and then the number will be half that as explained above

M

Muhammad Sidik

Disable amd cool n quite, and c6

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom