Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I need some help... My 3 kids are getting switches for xmas (already bought). Now i...

M

Mia Rousseau

I need some help... My 3 kids are getting switches for xmas (already bought). Now i am looking into games and am so confused. what is the best way to do this... physical games OR downlaod? what if they all want to play the same gave I do not have to buy 3 copies? i know they all want Zelda and minecraft ...

T

Tommy Adkins

Then you have to buy 3 copies of each unless they share the cartridge.. I have 2 switches and bought splatoon 2 twice

M

Matt Ditter

If they all want to play the same game at the same time, you will have to buy multiple copies.
I would recommend three digital downloads of Mario Kart 8 so they can all play together on their own systems, with one physical copy of Zelda that they can share.
Otherwise, take a note from Tommy's post and get three digital Splatoons. That way, you could get one copy of Zelda to share, and one Mario Kart that they could all play together on a single console.

J

Jason Foster

Well let's say you buy 3 Super Nintendos. One game can't be played on three consoles.

T

Tommy Adkins

Its definitely not cheap to have multiple switches

J

Jessie Ortiz

RIP your wallet well in this case purse.

J

Joe Freer

Since you'll have to buy 3 of a single game, Minecraft is probably the most affordable of your options and since they can spend a lot of time on it playing by themselves or together. Zelda is great, but it's a full price game with a lengthy singleplayer. Minecraft has less plot, but they'll probably sink more hours into it.

K

Kenny Moran

Some games like Mario Kart they can all play split screen, but Splatoon has no split screen so they would all need a copy, so depends on which game but I think right now Splatoon is the only non split screen multiplayer game

G

Gene Spooner

Get Physical when you can.If you go Digital you will need to buy 3 copys. Physical you just need 1 (unless they want to play at the same time).

super mario odyssey comes out next month so I also recoment that.

D

Danxiel Covarrubias

I'd say get Zelda physical and download mine craft

C

CJ Simpson

Cartridges are the best way means you can buy a single copy of mario odyssey for example, then they can share it etc.

Same as other consoles tbh or PC games (though PC let's you have it on several machines and play only one at a time via stream or origin for example

J

Josh Hollar

I have 2 boys and we have 3 switchs. The only game we all like to play as teams are splatoon 2. I go with physical copies on most games now so they can share. So be prepared to buy a few copies of certain games.

M

Maria G Tirado

3 downloaded copies of each
Girl.. I remember when I was about 9 my dad bought me and my little sister gameboys and we got wind club and spyro season of flame and man we would argue on goes first on the spyro game

J

Jonas Hein

I think Nintendo said something about playing together on two (or more?) Consoles with just one game when they advertised the Switch months ago. Did that not happen? I haven't had the chance to play with someone else in the same place, so I wouldn't know...

M

Matt Ditter

I think this will probably be the best rule of thumb for you, Mia:
Check the description of the game, and if it is solely single player, and/or single-console multiplayer (split-screen), get a single, physical copy.
If it is something that the kids would want to play together, but can only be played as a single player on each consoled (i.e. Splatoon 2), then you should get each of them their own digital copy. That should hopefully maximize the amount of gaming you can provide for them, while minimizing the max you have to spend, simultaneously reducing the risk of lost cartridges.

G

Gene Spooner

Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has some Switches stached away for christmas.

S

Sheena Coumbes

Hopefully by Christmas there will be plenty of options they can all play a different game if you have all physicals. But to play at the same time you are going to need more than one copy no matter if you have physical or digital

J

Josh Hollar

Also read up on parental controls.

A

Angel Monroy

You're going to have to buy three copies of Minecraft then since it isn't physical yet

S

Stephen Beyer

I just want to confirm; so you bought three separate Nintendo Switches for the three kids?

If you're only getting one Switch for the three kids then its a matter of preference between physical and digital copies. Physical you can resell in the future, but they can potentially get lost/ broken. While digital will always be redownloadable even if, say you loose the switch, but you cannot ever resell it (or lend it out to a friend of something).

If you are getting each of the three kids their own switch then I would say get a physical cartridge so then for something like Zelda they can all take turns playing it on their own switch (digital copies are more or less tied to one physical Switch console). Unless you don’t want them all to take turns playing the game and are willing to buy three copies for each Switch, then it is a matter of preference as outlined in the previous paragraph.

Did this help?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom