Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I need help with eshop. I have a parent account (confirmed with email) and 2 kids...

M

Mia Rousseau

I need help with eshop. I have a parent account (confirmed with email) and 2 kids under me .. each child is gettting a switch for xmas .... i want both kids to have a digital copy for Mind Craft ... how do I do this? Can i only buy one copy and place it on 1 switch? i spend 20mins on live chat with Nintendo and they could not tell me the best way to do this??!!

J

Jennifer Banks

Dont quote me. But I'm pretty sure you'll have to buy it twice. Nintendo doesn't have gameshare sadly

S

Spencer Miller

You would need to buy them both their own copy of the game.

M

Mia Rousseau

YUP .. totally understand I have to buy 2 copies ... but no one can tell me how to do that with my parent account

H

Heather R. Davis

I have zero experience with this, but is it possible that you may just need to make a second parent account for the other child?

J

Jason Mills

You either have to get 2 copies of the game downloaded. Or you can buy just one copy of the game cartridge and they can take turns with it

J

Juan Núñez

Buy one physical copy and have them use it in turns. Easier and cheaper, and that helps them learn how to share :p

J

Jamie Davis

Minecraft is at its best when it's in coop mode, for that they would both need their own copy.

C

CJ Simpson

Minecraft is a multiplayer game they can always play it splitscreen on a TV however.

If you would prefer they can play it on their own handsets I would recommend buying them BOTH a copy (they can't actively play the same physical game at the same time and digital can only be activated on a single console at a time aka 1 game per device)

F

Felix Samuel Lopez

you cant buy 2 even with a parent account,they each need their own account as each switch will require it, and then from their account you can setup the parental controls.

M

Matt Larsen

I would say to transfer each kids account to their own switch, but I think a kid account may need to stay under their parent's account. You may need to make a main account for each child (you may need to lie about their birthday because Nintendo's went let kids have a main account). Or you can create a new main account (using a different email) for each switch.

S

Storm Smith

I don't think its possible to purchase the game once, and have it on two systems for use simultaneously. - Its for no one else to judge someone purchasing two switches (one for each kid). I don't understand people buying ALL the joycon colors. But that's not my choice.

J

Joshua Jaz Rodriguez

Mold one child into a physical loving gamer and the other into a digital only loving child. Then stand back as they argue digital vs physical

W

Wil Haynes

Unfortunately they will need there own accounts as separate systems..

M

Mike Brown

1 copy per switch, means 2 copies if 2 switches,

T

Tiffany Ray

i have this issue with my 2, i have found it is way less of a migrane to just create them their own emails and write the info down and put it in an important place you can restrict their eshops so they dont go gettin things without you knowing

C

Cameron Hale

You should be able to create their on accounts connected to your parent account. I'm not sure how since the website has changed a lot since I did it. Me and my wife's account are technically tied to a family account but I forgot the password to that one and we can do everything from our individual accounts just fine.

P

Paul Johnson

You won't be able to buy it twice under your own account, you'll have to buy it with each of the child accounts. If you don't want a credit card tied to their account (smart move) use prepaid nintendo eshop cards.

H

Holly Elizabeth X Hartley

Buy 2 prepaid eshop cards, redeem on each of their e-shop accounts (you’ll have to make an e-mail for each account either way) this is the quickest way.

R

Rico Derr

I called to get my kid snake pass and a copy for myself. The nice lady at nintendo had me buy one on each account. It can be used on that system as long as that account isn't logged in another system at the same time. You have deactivate it from the eshop and I forgot how. Call customer support at 800-255-3700 they will walk you through it and make sure accounts are set up right

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom