Contact advertising [email protected]

looking for input. I am in the market for a laptop that would be good for gaming...

J

Jack Gray Jr

looking for input. I am in the market for a laptop that would be good for gaming (mostly FPS and open world RPG) but also good for streaming and needs to be able to handle a remote connection so my wife can log into her work computer from home. any idea what i should have just as far as minimum specs go?

Z

Zachary Abel

I've got the Alienware 17 R4. It's pricey but it's a beast. It's also got a fantastic cooler on it. Under heavy gaming the keyboard barely gets warm. My other laptop, the keyboard will burn your fingerprints off.

J

Jack Gray Jr

hmmm i haven't even thought to look at Alienware yet.

J

Jack Gray Jr

but good to know, thanks!

Z

Zachary Abel

My only complaint was this one only had a 1tb mechanical drive in it so it was kind of sluggish. After putting my 250gb M.2 in it alongside the 1TB, it's really sweet.

J

Jack Gray Jr

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Jack Gray Jr

this is what im eyeballing

L

Lukas Stadler

Check mysn and the evga series

Z

Zachary Abel

I've got the 1050 in my other laptop and it's pretty lethargic. I'd recommend at least a 1060, but it boils down to what you're willing to spend. The 1070 in my Alienware doesn't bat an eye at anything.

L

Lukas Stadler

1060;for fhd 1080 for 4k. Try get a desktop cpu. 8 threads are a must at streaming. Remote connection should be possible at all of them depending what solution you are going with

J

Jack Gray Jr

what would be a good budge for a PC? I might just say screw a laptop and just upgrade my PC from the ground up

J

Jack Gray Jr

i take that last comment back due to the inflated prices of gpu's right now

Z

Zachary Abel

A lot of people are finding it cheaper to buy a pre-built with a good GPU in order to avoid inflated GPU prices.

Z

Zachary Abel

Also, supposedly Microcenter honors the GPU's MSRP if you buy all the components to upgrade from them ie: MOBO, RAM, CPU...

L

Lukas Stadler

evga has some nice bundles if you do a complete upgrade, so if you buy mobo+psu you get the gpu at msrp as far as I know, you could look into that.
For a PC that also is fine for streaming with no spare parts left I wouldn't go under 1200 with 1500 being the point where we talk about performance for your money

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom