Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch If you check out #supermetaldave64 YouTube video. He makes a great point in why capcom...

S

Steven Mabee

Capcom is porting Monster Hunter double cross to the Switch, how about everyone stop freaking out and wait to see what Capcom's position on the Switch is after sales of that game.

D

Diego Hernandez

Tbh, anyone could've predicted two Metroids.

S

Shaun Paul Johnston

I think I'll start doing a bit more discussion on the SmallFryUnify Daily Fix, covering topics like this.

If people are subscribing to SMD when he basically made an arse of himself, then I think I can provide a pretty decent alternative.

W

William Jackman

I haven't seen anything good from Capcom in quite a while. This is just my opinion though, I'm just not into resident evil myself. Mega man though, I'll take that any day

J

John Silva

Because Capcom is too busy sucking Sony’s dick as Sony has been throwing them a lot of money

A

AaronLee Short

I predicted two metroids a year ago....

G

Gustavo Brito

I don't like the monster hunter series. It's a slow paced novel rpg type of thing with real time combat, and the combat never lasts long enough and winning isn't satisfying. But aside from that, Capcom has some awesome games that I want and NEED on the Switch. This kinda breaks my heart to be honest. But not because of monster hunter.

W

Will Bartos

There's a lot of conflicting information here. The big one that people don't seem to realize is that Capcom actually had a part in increasing the RAM size in the Switch, showcasing SOME interest in the system.

However, I do believe that Sony has been throwing a LOT of money around, and I think Microsoft has been doing the same thing to counter this crazy juggernaut. It also helps that the PS4 and Xbone (no matter the version) are very similar architechtures, and so make things easier to port. I've always been pissy at developers getting lazier, and when the PlayStation 4 was initially announced as having x86, I knew more creative companies would be a bit more doomed without something that would push the market further.

Nintendo, in its path to be different, has made some concessions. Talking to nVidia was really interesting, and has lead to some very good sales and profits for both nVidia and Nintendo. Sales of the system are still very consistent, and with heavy hitters coming out over the next six months, the Switch will still be very relevant.

I've never liked 3rd party support when they're not sure of something. Ubisoft STILL stings when it comes to this, as they did not release the Wii U version WATCH_DOGS at launch, opting to wait six months. While the other games were rating poorly, it seemed like the Wii U version, whether ready or not, was poised to fail due to people not wanting to buy the game anyway. Then Ubisoft was poised to pull away from Nintendo's console, using WATCH_DOGS as an excuse. ("Look! It did poorly! We should walk away from the Wii U!")

Skyrim is a big thing for Nintendo. I'd have liked to have seen more support from Bethesda, but they've always been a PC developer anyway. I played FIFA on the floor, and while I'm not a big fan of the series, it worked well on the Switch...well, from what I could figure out.

It seems like the best thing for Nintendo to do is to break open the Wii saving coffers and start throwing more money around to entice developers to the system. It's quite about specs (It is somewhat), it's more about how much the company is willing to spend on 3rd parties to entice them. Money talks, and right now, Microsoft and Sony seem to be spending more of it.

R

Ryan Eugene

Second paragraph is spot on.

J

Jonathan Jurczak

I almost fully agree with Will. Thing is, a lot of these publishers are making a stupid decision.

Konami took a chance. Even with okay reviews, they sold hundreds of thousands of copies of Bomberman.

Capcom could release Power Stone 3. Viewtiful Joe 3. Megaman Legends. They'd make a killing.

Netherrealm should port Injustice. Another killing.

WHY HASN'T UBISOFT PORTED SOUTH PARK?

Pokemon, Metroid, Odyssey, Smash, etc. are going to keep building this base. Attach rates are VERY high right now. They should already be developing, and these titles should be dropping next year. Strike while the irons hot.

E

Eric Brady

Very true however Nintendo has always been a fiscally conservative company and has only recently started paying third parties to bring their games over. I like that skyrim is coming to switch.however why not pay a third party to bring a more recent game

J

Justin Anderson

Yes, the Switch us underpowered if you legit bought this system and thought all your fav big games were going to come. You are very mistaken. I buy and will always buy Nintendo's products for their games. MH started on Sony. I don't blame them for wanting to expand and grow as a series. Let's face it will be very dumbed down and people will complain that it is. Who really actually knows if their connections are lost or maybe they just don't want to put on of their franchises on Nintendo's platforms. Time will only tell. For this video and hearing SMD point makes sense I don't care about other things he got wrong I honeslty don't care I'm only talking about this one video.

W

Will Bartos

I actually wanted to engage in dialog. Sure it gets heated at times, we're all marks for the Switch here. We all have concerns for Nintendo's new console, and I really want it to succeed.

With that said, I do agree with a lot of what SMD64 said (even when I couldn't stand to listen to his voice anymore - nothing to do with information, he...I just don't think he can talk). Monster Hunter World wasn't something I was concerned with - I'm surprised we haven't seen Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 on the Switch (or at least a full version that includes everything from Mega Man 1 through 10). That I could see. It's about getting the right games for the system.

Personally, I think Capcom made the right decision for Monster Hunter World, even if XX isn't coming to the States and I think that's wrong. It's business, and game companies are in it to make money. Lowest common denominator and all.

S

Sebastien Deam

There goes my hopes for Marvel v Capcom on Switch, but still, hopefully there could be some Phoenix Wright in the future

D

Dan Reid

Just because some goose on YouTube says it, doesn't make it reality. If Switch sales continue to grow at the current rate, Capcom would be negligent to refrain from making games on the system.

J

John Pyers

It seems, from stuff I've seen, that Phoenix Wright continues to be routed to Nintendo... and I'd think it's a little early to completely write off Monster Hunter. But personally, I don't really care for what Capcom games have become. I grew up playing them in arcades, but they don't appeal to me now (except for Resident Evil) - haven't in a while. I'm not sure how they compare business-wise to other game developers (success metrics) .... In the end, however, I don't think that Capcom's presence or absence will affect Nintendo's success or the success of the Switch. If Capcom is content to stay the course and just pick the low-hanging fruit (cheap development of sticking to xbox & ps platforms & steam - and hey, did you know that xbox and playstation may as well just be steam?) then that's fine... it's uncreative & boorish, but it's their business decision.

On the other hand - imagine if Capcom had teamed up with Nintendo to make a special version of Street Fighter ARMS? How cool would that have been for those fans? What would those competitions have been like? Instead, StreetFighter V is exclusively on PS, even though it's powered by Unreal Engine, and Switch fully supports Unreal Engine. I think there's hope for everyone...

E

Eric Wynne Ho

when World are making, there is no SW in the real world, also it will support the Xbox and PC later. As this game is important to handheld playing, SW fans no need to be disappointed, it just need more time to adapt the SW system. Maybe a Enhanced Edition (or Portable Series) at that time. :) <3

E

Eric Wynne Ho

another point is that, it will greatly harm the sale of XX SW ver., in 25/8. Announcing the SW releasing news (World) half year later, absolutely more strategic.

G

Greg Williamson

Nintendo is ddead </3 i denied it over and over until owning a switch and zelda special edition

A

Aaron Rosales

Adrian Martinez

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom