Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Hello, I am considering getting a switch for my 4 years old for Christmas. I'm...

E

Edward Rhoderick

It's a simple as any other console but not sure I'd let a 3 or 4 year old use it in portable mode.If you're going to keep it docked then yeah it's perfect for them plenty of games that would appeal to them. If they prefer something they can carry around and might drop etc go for the 2ds or Wii U

N

Nolon Lawrence

I think with all the extremely simple examples of how it works at this point. There's no way you couldn't understand how it works. Nintendo has made it into baby steps. Pictures, video, drawings explaining in ever step how it works

N

Nolon Lawrence

Parental controls

N

Nolon Lawrence

On screen set up

B

Breanna Lynn

I let my friend's 5 year old nephew play Mario kart 8, Arms, and splatoon on my switch and he was able to play all of them with no problems. It also has a parental control app that you can use on your phone or on the device. There will be a lot more games coming think of it as investment.

J

Jordan Vgcollector

I don't think there are enough kid-friendly games to justify the purchase. Maybe Mario Kart because it has a feature where the game basically plays itself, but the games are just too geared towards teens and up.

B

Bella Hale

Admin following. Lets give good constructive comments.

Also the wiiu is dead. You can't buy a new system anymore. So I wouldn't buy a dead system. In the long run, you will end up buying a switch anyways and lose money. Buy a 2ds if you don't pick a switch. ;)

Honestly, a 4 year-old would be fine with a switch. Lego city, snipper clips, overcooked, skylanders, just dance, Mario kart, Mario Odyssey and a few others come to mind your child would love to play!

B

Brendon Miryr Duffy

Definitely check out the indie games.

B

Brooke Antonio

My 3 year old and 5 year old playing minecraft

B

Brooke Antonio

Adding: my son is 5.5 and is very protective and careful with his switch. It's his most prized possession. Also he plays it in the car like this! Best purchase ever. He can pause his game and keep playing in the car. His 3 year old brother plays tons with him at home. They play minecraft, just dance 2017 (my 3 year olds favorite and he controls it all himself), Splatoon 2, mario cart, and arms. He has the pro controller so they can play together

C

Cory Steppe

Their simple but I wouldn't recommend taking it out of the house since he's 4. Probably get temporary glass since accidents do happen. And he might enjoy lego city undercover and minecraft since it's popular with kids

C

Cory Steppe

Also theirs a cars game. From the Pixar movies he might enjoy

A

Alicia Jones

I'd buy a ds, more game variety. Switch doesn't have much out yet, besides Mario kart

C

Chrissy-Dan Corley

My 4 yr old loves it my 8 yr old does also

K

Kellin Hanas

Honestly it's going to be hell for you if you get it for them. They'll be asking you to read things on the screen for them every five seconds

J

Jonathan Hardaker

My five year old plays Mario kart all the time she loves it. Also enjoys just dance. Going to get her to try mario when it is out

J

Jake Odgie Sherwood

They're going to break it

S

Shaun James Benesh

Advise NOT getting a switch for a four year old. Buy a cheap phone and put simple game apps on it instead. Let him/her learn on that first.

R

Renee Ives

My 5y.o. and 6y.o. play Mario Kart and Arms on their Switch. I've been thinking about getting them Sonic and the Lego game(s). They do just fine with it ☺ Your 4y.o. should be ok, especially since you want to keep it docked.

B

Bianca Maistre

Just be careful of the joycons .. if they break they're like $100 to replace

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom