Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Hello, I am considering getting a switch for my 4 years old for Christmas. I'm...

R

Rachel Drummond

Hello, I am considering getting a switch for my 4 years old for Christmas. I'm wondering if they are complicated to use and if there is any child friendly and basic games available. Thx

J

Jeremy C Woosley

My son is 3 and he plays splatoon 2, Mario kart, sonic mania and tries to play snake pass. He will be 4 in November and does a great job taking care of mine and getting a grasp on the games I have.

J

Jeremy C Woosley

M

Michael Brown

Do it

T

Tabatha Jones

Personally my girls found electronics to frustrating till they could read well. There are a lot of age appropriate electronics out there geared for learning that are a lot more sturdy. We let them play with us on the Wii before but I wouldn’t buy a 2ds or a switch for this age

R

Rachel Drummond

Thanks everyone. There is two 4 year olds so obvs shared cost. The trouble is I really want to avoid the staring at a small screen and would rather they had something that was predominantly used on the main TV rather than handheld. So I definitely don't want a ds but I am considering a kids tablet. I was hoping that there would be one or two suitable games on a switch and then it would grow with them game wise.

D

Diana Van Hook

My 3 year old (will be 4 in Nov ) has my old 3DS. He plays Mario Kart and Super Smash Bros. He will sometime play Splatoon, Mario Kart and Overcooked with me on my Switch. He's very careful with it.

S

Sheena Coumbes

I'm having trouble finding games my 5 yr old can enjoy. He loves skylanders but we already have it on the play station. He likes to wander around with BOTW and get apples etc.... but he doesn't actually "play it"

He does enjoy just dance and sonic though. I am hoping the new MARIO games will be simple enough for him to enjoy too.

C

Charlie Smith

All games are child friendly.

G

Gustavo Cardona

I have a 5 years old niece and she can play Mario Kart on switch so well, kids don't if you teach them wich buttons have to select they can do it easily.

J

Jaymark Cruz

My daughter is 5 years old

J

Jaymark Cruz

There are very few games at the moment though. I suggest getting a 2DS or Wii U instead. Get a Nintendo Switch later on.

J

Jonathan Elly

My 5 year old kills it in every game incl Zelda BOTW.. nintendo consoles are best for kids..watch him work here

B

Benjamin Sullivan

Mario Kart, motion controls for steering is pretty simple for kids and you can also set it up to automatically accelerate and turn so your child could literally not do a thing but still feel like they are playing the game.

K

Kimberly Martin

Mariokart is a good game. My two year old can play it pretty well but he is only allowed to play docked because he could break it. I never let the 5 year old I watched play it because he didn't know how to respect others property and would have broken it easily. So just use your best judgement. If you think your 4 year old is responsible enough to not break it then go for it

D

David Zaltsman

My 4 year old loves it! Mario Kart has steering assist so it's easy to play for him. He also loves arms and splatoon. Get it!

C

Cameron Hale

Depends on the kid but if you keep it docked should be fine

T

Tim Harris

I wouldn't recommend it

R

Rachel Burns

My kids love it but my 4 year old prefers the wiiu as it has Netflix

J

Joëlle Vanhouche

My 4 years old plays Mario kart, snipperclips and Lego on the Switch. My children has also their own Nintendo 2ds. They have 2 versions of xbox, 3 different PlayStations and a WiiU. My 4 year old boy, can't play long. He is too nervous and he now it. If something don't go, he trow with his things. Can't loose games... My 6 year old daughter can play for a long time, but then there are days she don't even look to here handhelds and consoles. My 12 year old don't play much. She started at about 3 playing ln them. She don't like them very much.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom