Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Advice please. Dropped my Switch and now the left joy-con slides out without pressing...

C

Colin Smith

Advice please. Dropped my Switch and now the left joy-con slides out without pressing the release button. It still works, and only comes out if a bit of pressure is applied, but obviously the latch is broken. I hear Nintendo UK outsource their repairs, and I see on Twitter some people waiting months to get their console or accessories returned to them. Do I just put up with my slightly broken joy-con, or bite the bullet and send it back? (I have a pro controller so I can use that, but it means no co-op Lego City with my son until the joy-con comes back)

S

Scott Brown

You could bite a different bullet and buy a new left joy con

M

Mckenzie Langer

Happened to me. Just bought another controller everything was fine

J

Jessica Bryant

I had the same thing happen, even tho I didn’t drop mine. I just put up with it, then got new joy cons when I could afford it. Accidents happen!

N

Nicolas Zhang

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

N

Nathan Philip Barclay

I got new JoyCons because the old ones were slipping. Not by dropping, but normal use. I use the old ones in the grip.

M

Michael Lee

Either buy a new joy con or invest in metal latches and fix it yourself.

Joy cons seem to wear out easy and start slipping,... it's a common problem would be happened eventually from normal is five gone thru 2 sets since I got mine

Metal Lock Buckles Repair Tool Kit for Nintendo Switch NS Joy Con with Screwdrivers
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

J

Jeremy Foertschbeck

Same thing happened I sent it to Nintendo and they fixed it

J

Joshua N Ashly Talley

Just put up with it don't miss any play time with the kiddo

M

Mark Potts

Mine went into Nintendo UK last Monday, heard nothing since.

E

Etienne Gouraige

Dunno about the UK.
But I dropped mine, and sent it to NOA's repair lab. Got it back in a week.

D

Demarious Mckinney Sr.

Just go buy some new ones they will stay on trust me i drop mines 2 and i have a pair that do that but they new ones want

A

Angela Goodall

Why would you send them in for N to repair? You dropped it. Bite the bullet and just buy a new pair.

N

Neue Perz

Is it always the left one that easily slips? Mine slides out after applying some pressure.

L

Liam McNamara

Just replace the little plastic lugs inside the joycon. U can get metal ones on amazon for a tenner

K

Kevin Wolfe

Mine was the left too! Sent it in to be repaired and should get it this Friday-Sunday. They called it a defect but with you coincidentally dropping it for that to slide out they might want you to pay it if it's out of warranty.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom