Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Well, that sucks.

• Thread starter Nick Santangelo
  • Start date
J

Juan Miguel Iglesias Iturriza

I want to clear something up, the cart cost.
Yes indeed a disc is cheaper (under $1) in parts, but switch's carts are well under $3 to manufacture.

- they use a common nand flash technology, the just have some pins swapped like usually with Nintendo carts.
- you can google the commercial counterpart (Nintendo always swap pins to avoid bootlegs), and add the cost of a pcba manufacture
-Another proof, 3ds games, these aren't expensive and use the same technology.
-Another one, just look how expensive a flashdrive is even at 32gb you can buy one for less than $9, and that's is retail! And has a couple more of integrated circuits and parts (USB)
This image is one of the boards used for switch carts, see nothing special about it.
The other type is even cheaper, it is the same chip encapsulated with the switch pinout.
That's the reason the cap is at 32gb right now, 64 is coming close in price, but 128 and up is still not cheap enough by manufacturers.

W

Will Bartos

I'm ok with this. While I know it's a bit expensive, they have to recoop the costs from porting a game from the PlayStation 3/Xbox 360 era to a new system. Since the game was already put on PC, it's easier to push to Xbox One and PS4.

However, seeing this on the Switch gives me hope for Rockstar. Not necessarily Red Dead Redemption 2 hope, but this game was really good. Day one purchase for me.

J

Juan Miguel Iglesias Iturriza

The reason is simple, developer want to make a quick cash and treat waters with Nintendo, as they realize is selling well and third party and selling extremely well.
Also is a game never released on Nintendo so basically is "new" in the way they think.
Plus add the cost of porting the game and funding a dedicated switch team

J

Jay Hood

yeah, I'm used to this. This is why I'm getting my physical copy of Axiom Verge for PS4. I'm only getting Rime for Switch because due to some random discounts and then my Prime discount on top of it, the cost of my copy is like $18.

C

Chris Church

I'm still waiting in a sequel.

L

Lee Tea

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

M

Matt MacDonald

I'll buy it but not if it's anymore than $49.99 CA

M

Matt MacDonald

I'm not paying $79.99 for a game I can get on 360 for 5 bucks.

J

Jake Blackshear

Carts cost more than discs

B

Brad Jones

Carts cost more than discs, if they made digital games cheaper than carts than physical retailers would lose business which is why they are more expensive digitally. It's not just LA Noire, it's most/all games.

M

Mike Williams

Just go digital if price is an issue

C

Chris Bizarro

That is expected

J

John Michael White

Lmao

J

Jimir Ebel

Okay cool. Still not even slightly interested.

S

Steve Lusky

Will require amiibo to complete

E

Ethan Anderson

Still getting the game

T

Trevor Brown

Just like lego worlds

J

Jaime Bland

No online no buy lol

O

Omar Marshall

Now that I read more of the issue, it seems the price hike is because the game will use a 32Gb card, which is more expensive than Blue Ray, remember guys, the Xbox 360 had 3 DISK for the game, it all makes sense now.

T

Tyler Craig

I'm getting the digital version so I pay the lesser price

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom