Contact advertising [email protected]

This may sound stupid but how long can I keep PC components in their box, unopened....

M

Marco Pitzettu

This may sound stupid but how long can I keep PC components in their box, unopened.
I'm wanting to build a PC and am buying parts as and when the money is available.

M

Matthew Flemion

Many years but it's dumb because tech is always advancing. Better to buy it all at one time. Psu and case are the only stuff you could buy ahead of time.

J

Joshua Tenderholt

It's also a bad idea because it maybe all broken it's better to open and check contents.

D

Drew Leonard

it would take more years to ruin that tech then you will ever have to worry about. the problem is that you wont be able to plug it into a system so your store RMA time will probably expire. better to save up and buy it all at once

C

Cody Evens

One day

C

Cody Evens

Then they melt away

R

Ryan Bloch

Check the expiry date on the bottom.

J

Jason Dudek

Buy the externals first case, PSU, monitor Keyboard and mouse, Windows license key (assuming you go the Micro$oft route). Also Hard drives and SSD.

Then save and buy the guts, (mobo, ram, CPU, gpu) all at once then assemble and conquer. That honor did my first build. Now I focus on upgrading one or two things a year.

D

David Livengood

If you have anything expired send it to me

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom