Contact advertising [email protected]

So because people are mining GPU's, the price of them are rising? Also what about the...

B

Bruce Lee

So because people are mining GPU's, the price of them are rising? Also what about the reference models from nvidea? Prices go up on those too or not?

N

Nicholas Usher

I know one way you can find out.

D

Daniel Jonathan Kaye

they are not "mining GPU's", they are mining Using GPU's

B

Bruce Lee

I think this answers my question..... that's nuts for even the founders edition.

D

David Denberry

Give it a few months, some people are probably buying them by the pallet load.

J

Joshua Batson

What I don't get is why. Yes I know supply and demand but I'm sure AMD and Nvidia are aware of mining. What is the point of providing an MSRP if it literally means nothing?

C

Curtis Jonesjr

To answer your question,look for the gpus yourself and check prices.

S

Samuel Shane Winter

why cant they just make a mining card

C

Calvin DiBartolo

all GPU's rise in price, even reference cards, because in the end, it's all the same to a miner (however a better cooled chip will last longer, but these cards often get underclocked anyway for power savings reasons). For the same reasons you would buy a reference card if nothing else was available, miners do the same. If they're out of Aorus or ROG 1070's, the reference card will still pull in about the same amount of cash, leaving you with none. No stock of a card generally implies demand is outpacing supply. Prices rising has two effects: making the value per dollar less enticing which slows the rate they sell, and allows retailers to cash in extra with absolutely no added cost.

An item is only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay for it, and I promise you those cards have more value to a miner than to us gamers, thus prices will continue to rise until the next tier cards are better value

J

Jacob Asher

What exactly are they mining now on 1080s? BTC is too hard now as far as I'm aware, and 1070s do it better anyway? I'd sell my 1080 strix, if I knew prices would be down shortly after

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom