Contact advertising [email protected]

So all this talk about mining bitcoin, I decided to check it out. Set up a miner on...

M

Marcus Dean Adams

So all this talk about mining bitcoin, I decided to check it out.

Set up a miner on my gaming PC (FX 8370 and RX 480 8GB), the living room PC (FX 8300 and RX 460 2GB), and my son's bedroom PC (Intel hypthreaded dual core), and pointed them all to my bitcoin wallet, so I've got two discreet graphics cards, two 8 core CPUs and one laptop chugging away at it. The living room PC and my son's PC run pretty much 24/7 anyway because they're always playing a video stream or something in the background, so I just started the mining software in the background and then switched back to their user accounts so it'll just run non-stop on PCs that are on 24/7 anyway. I'll obviously be shutting it down on my PC when I play a game, edit videos, etc.

I've had it running on those two PCs and my gaming PC for about 30 minutes now, and it says I'm mining at a rate of about $119 a month (it was lower, but has been climbing the longer I've let it run). That seems VERY, unrealistically optimistic based on what I've heard about bitcoin mining. If you're mining with your normal everyday hardware, what are you getting?

D

Dan Mize

Guess I will follow this. Never really understood the whole bitcoin thing.

N

Nicolas Nelissen

My R9 390 alone beats this. Pretty weak setup

M

Marcus Dean Adams

It's climbing over time.

J

James Lavertue

This is mine. I have a 1070 an a gtx 950. Both underclocked to maximize profitability an minimize power consumption.

C

Chris Dewald

Normal every day hardware? I took one rig down that was good for another $18 per day today as well.

D

Dan Mize

So... what makes a good bitcoin mining machine?

C

Chris Dewald

Buying a warehouse full of asic miners

A

Al Tulone

I have 2 rigs and starting a 3rd. 6 Sapphire 580's in 1 and 6 MSI RX 480 OC in my other.

I

Ismael Soler

But, what about paying energy?

A

Aemir Hafez II

So basically the wallet can be run for more than 1 pc ? ... gonna try this for on the other crappy pc that i own ..

C

Christopher F. Wilson

R

Reece Seabrook

On my gtx 780 I make about $40-$50 per month. Which to me seems crazy low for some reason? But my i7-4790k makes about triple what my graphics card does.

J

Jose Meraz

I only see cryptomining as a means to feed my csgo skin gambling addiction. Which is possible to profit from if you know what to do. 100 a month could then to 300 to the right gambler. But I don't recommend gambling, let it always be an after thought

E

Eric Hamby

what software are you using?

S

Snorre Longva

Single gpu, 6$/day

N

Nelson Liang

That rate is about right, don't recommend mining on the cpu, you killing your cpu for an unworthy amount of payout.

Nicehash's payout prediction is based on the last hour's results, so if you mining at a higher rate in the last hour, then the prediction will be higher. If you weren't mining for half an hour, then mined for half an hour, it will average out your half hour mining but in an hourly rate, ignoring all previous mining time, so it is pretty unrealistic.

I recommend just stretching out the entire timeline to get the average mining rate and calculate yourself, assuming your mining time per day is relatively the same and consistent.

I am mining with a 1060 6gb, about 3-3.5 USD/day rate, and getting as low as 10 MHz/s to as high as 20 MHz/s. Normally around 17 MHz/s. So the calculations are fairly accurate. You can also hold on to the bitcoins, seeing how they dropping lately.

N

Nathan Wilce

The talk is about mining ethereum. That 480 will get $6 a day alone mining ethereum.

E

Eric Hamby

Marcus Dean Adams what software is that?

J

Joshua Cooke

Guess I’ll follow this so I can get more insight into bitcoin

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom