Contact advertising [email protected]

Is the phrase "'a Pentium g4560 will not bottleneck a gtx 1060 "a myth or fact?

R

Raphael Swain

Is the phrase "'a Pentium g4560 will not bottleneck a gtx 1060 "a myth or fact?

M

Milenka Derumeaux

bottlenecking doesn't happen very often, usually just has to do with certain games that are very intensive on the GPU or the other way around. Usually a GPU will reach full load before a CPU does in most games.

J

John Headen

Everyone claimed that every FX cpu would bottleneck mid to high level cards and that is about as fast as a 6300 I believe.

M

Matthew Reed

It can happen on any part I see all these fancy new laptops with 1080 slI all that jazz and what they put in? The cheapest hard drive they can and is often the slowest one too that can be a bottleneck

R

Raphael Swain

I know my q 9400 bottleneck ed my 970

V

Volter Stara

A

Adam Chapman

Nope it's right on the limit for 1080p

M

Mason Pearmain

Myth
Many i5's will bottleneck the 1060 in a few games, mine included, as mine maxes out with an even lower GPU in many games.

J

James Owens-Case

It won't bottleneck the 3gb version, but it might bottleneck the 6gb version

R

Raphael Swain

This post acts as a noob locator

R

Raphael Swain

Mason Pearmain just as you say... Most of the Noobs really believe a Pentium is God's gift to gaming... It does an OK job but it's not advised...

R

Raphael Swain

And guys yes a 1050 is ok, but the shiz isn't a 1080p recommendation

M

Mark Dave Juban

Depends on the game(or application)....some games wont, some games will....... immensely

M

Mark Dave Juban

By using car analogy, simply put a g4560 is like a pretty novice driver, drives a pretty fast car like a lamborghini aventador(GTX 1060). If he drives in a wide road with really long highways and minimal turns, and very minimal traffic(aka a not CPU intensive games) that driver can ride that lamborghini at very high speeds without problem...

But if he rides that car at high traffic, many curves, some road damage etc(aka cpu intensive games) he will slow down the car

But for example a very experienced pro driver(aka i7-7700k) use that car he will have no problem drifting an going at a high speeds

Yeah a very simplified explaination about bottlenecks

R

Ryan Bloch

People explaining bottlenecks in most groups.

R

Raphael Swain

Lokl

R

Raphael Swain

Ryan Bloch true dat,

R

Raphael Swain

Any other explanations, we had a car one

D

David Quinn

The 1060 a d 580 are its max the 580 cab only get up to 95% so its a very slight bottleneck to it

J

Joseph George William

Depends on your definition of the word bottleneck, if you mean "make games that would otherwise run fine with the 1060 unplayable" - then only in rare instances.

If you mean limit the performance of the gtx 1060 in some games when trying to push max fps, then yes it will 100%.

But the key point is it depends on the game, for single/dual threaded games that arent CPU heavy, it wont bottleneck at all, for games that can scale upto 8 threads, it obviously would.

When people say "it won't happen often".. Battlefield 1, CSGO, DOTA 2, Overwatch will all take a performance hit & they are some of the most popular titles out atm.

Google <game name> + techspot CPU Perf & you can cpu benchmarks for most recent titles.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom