Contact advertising [email protected]

Is playing a hero you don't usually play/haven't played before considered throwing?...

A

Andy Derby

Is playing a hero you don't usually play/haven't played before considered throwing?
Pls help...

J

Jaydin Keen

No

J

Jamie Wardle

Only in comp

M

Michaël Cagliesi-Caron

In comp ? Yes

W

William Bongos

Overwatch stated that it was throwing in qp too :v

Z

Zac Murphy

In comp yh

J

Jamie Wardle

Practising is not necessarily throwing

C

Chris Johnson

In comp, probably. But by the time you play comp you should have a good basic understanding if every hero’s role

M

Mike Icon

I pretty much only play QP but it's hard to really gain skill with new heroes in QP so I often play new / unfamiliar heroes in comp to get the skill, then move back to QP. I know many consider playing unfamiliar heroes in comp to be throwing but, IMO, so long as you are trying your best and filling a needed role, you are not throwing. Comp is where the real learning happens so go for it.

S

Sean Dykes

Not now in off season comp is the best way to practice. People won't give you shit for it since you're learning for the upcoming season so grind away with heroes you want to learn I say

L

Luke Garside

No. The only way you get better with them is by playing them.
So long as you understand the basics before going into comp then that's good enough.

Besides, chances are it will happen organically anyway. Most of the time people want to demand you to play X Y or Z.

B

Bertolt Sifuentes

No

L

Luke Schirmer

No, but it's usually a bad idea to play that hero in ranked

M

Marie Kathryn

No. Jeff has said this.
You can one trick and they don't consider it throwing

S

Steven Hendrickson

As long as you aren't standing still, waving hi, doing emotes or purposely killing yourself over and over you won't be getting in trouble

P

Parker Atkins

Nope

A

Alex Franzgrote

No, if you’re trying to help you’re team and giving your honest effort it’s not throwing. Even if you play poorly

M

Mathieu Berger-Latour

Nah

B

Brent Hazelton

Anything you do in comp that isnt what people want is throwing

F

Fernando Lopez

That is why you play mystery heroes.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom