Contact advertising [email protected]

PC I'm running this game on an Asus GL702Vs with a 7700Hq/GTX1070/16 Gigs ram. It has a...

C

Clint Flippo

I'm running this game on an Asus GL702Vs with a 7700Hq/GTX1070/16 Gigs ram. It has a 120hz panel with G-sync.

My GPU utilization jumps constantly from 65% to 20% which causes stuttering. My CPU utilization is low. My temps are nowhere near throttling. And my FPS is all over the place. Why won't it run with better GPU usage so my FPS is more stable.

S

Sam Cowen

GPU usage should always be 90 - 99% if you are seeing low GPU usage and high CPU usage you have a severe bottleneck being caused by CPU

J

Jesse Webster

Which CPU do you have?

C

Christopher McFerrin

it has a 7700hq, same CPU that's in my laptop.

S

Sam Cowen

Yep it's bottlenecking the gpu

S

Sam Cowen

What frame rate are you getting with gsync?

C

Christopher McFerrin

I have the same exact laptop. I really think the machine is faulty. I have problems with GPU utilization as well. My CPU usage hovers around 25-30% and GPU is around 60%. G-sync is bugged on this laptop, as it just causes the screen to flicker.

S

Sam Cowen

Ah it's an internal GPU. Thought you guys were docking an external GPU

C

Christopher McFerrin

Nope. On paper the laptop should be able to run any game fairly well, but in practice it's quite the opposite. I'm going to be returning it. The only reason I have a laptop is because I took a long term job out of the country. After dealing with cooling issues among everything else, I'm just building another desktop once I get settled.

S

Sam Cowen

On board graphics will always struggle,

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom