Contact advertising [email protected]

PC Im getting a gaming laptop... Is this good for Overwatch Destiny2 League of legends...

T

Tibo Hendrickx

Im getting a gaming laptop...
Is this good for
Overwatch
Destiny2
League of legends
Fortnite
Dota2

B

Brandon Ramos

I have it. Nice little PC for medium setting games. Not sure if it comes with an HDD, which you will need for games. I got the SSD and HDD combo with an i7.

T

Tibo Hendrickx

And guys is this good?

T

Tony Andrew

Honestly, the game is so optimized you can run it on a moldy potato and still get frames for days. (Destiny 2)

A

Ashley Lucero

For whatever reason I find Overwatch to be super hard for a lot of laptops to run, just make sure you have a good cooling system

G

Guy Codrington

This group is more like a PC helpline

G

Gijs Heynickx

Die is wel cava, maar als ge kunt zou k toch een betere kopen

J

Jesse Webster

Everything should run on that except DOTA 2. That game is horribly optimized.

C

Chris Cooke

1050 cards are not great I had one they are made for e sport game your better off going a 1060 or 1070

A

Arielle Lapetitesirène C'padrole

a 1050 is fine on a gaming laptop dude, you will run destiny 2 in high setting allmost allways at 60fps (exept in patrol) , but who care + destiny look fine even in lowest setting, overwatch, lol and fornite will run for sure maxed at 60fps an dota 2 idk, i never played this game :')

J

Johan Alfredsson

I would not buy it. Will run those games in medium. And in a year it will be halfed in value if not sooner.

I

Isaac Cooper

Need at least 1TB in there, 256GB isnt enough. Don't bother with an SSD unless it happens to come with what you want

K

Kelan Carter

if 1k is the pricepoint for a prebuilt laptop from a major provider, my dell inspiron has been a very comfortable play for me.

D

Donnie Evans

Im personally not a fan of Lenovo but I'm sure the specs are good. My gf got a gaming Lenovo and just some small minor things are weird, like there no microphone input so we had to get a "Y" adapter. And every single jack, including their own power cord is smaller than a normal size and u have to put a lot of force into it. We returned the first one and thought it was a lemon, but the replacement was exactly the same. Honestly I'd go with an MSI, but that's just my personal preference.

C

Cory Turczynski

I prefer ASUS. I have the GL502VT and it runs everything easily, Witcher 3 on max at 55 fps, but with the hair particles turned down and shadows on medium/low(shadows don't matter to me).

But prices are usually good, specs good, and there's usually deals at best buy.

And yes, I know, desktops are the way to go, but I don't have the luxury of that with my living situation and space.
(Inb4, someone comments on the superiority and cost effectiveness of towers v laptops)

J

Joshua Tarvin

This is my opinion, and sorry if it's lengthy, (it will be), but I came very close to making this decision recently.

First off, if you're buying a laptop strictly for gaming, you're doing it ALL wrong. If you're actually a student or work in the field and need a laptop, then it may be viable but you have to choose very carefully.

-There's a BIG difference in 1060 desktop vs mobile graphics. Yes, from what I've heard, the 1060s - 1080s mobile chips run games surprisingly well.. as of now. Within 2 years, the 1060 will be less than adequate and the 1080 will begin taking a big hit.

-Battery. Gaming laptops eat battery like crazy! If you're in class for a few hours, you're going to regret this decision. Same if you use it for work (if you travel and stay in hotels though, it may be great for you). If you try to game without it plugged up, it's going to drain very quickly.

-They're heavy! You don't want to be hauling a massive gaming laptop around in a backpack. The one you have linked looks fairly small, but I'm willing to bet it's heftier in person.

The conclusion I ultimately came to was, it would have to be a laptop with external graphics card. That way I could decrease the weight, size and battery consumption, but also upgrade the video card down the road. Full-size graphics card, I'll add..several companies make laptops like this, such as Alienware and MSI(?), the problem is they're expensive. Nearly every company out there will let you make payments if you qualify.

Anyways, my two cents. It's coming from an IT tech gamer who travels for work and wanted a solution for all my needs. I'm done finally and btw, if you already have a gaming desktop and just want a dinky gaming laptop for this or that, ignore everything I said (if you didn't already)

M

Mitzie Remien

Buy a laptop known for excellent cooling like MSI or Asus.. I would not buy anything else.

M

Mack Doc

dont buy a laptop they are overpriced and they overheat also just build your own pc and its cheaper snd better

M

Michał Skotnicki

LOL and DOTA2 run on an eight-year-old Asus, so it's not wise to ask about those.

F

Frank Eidelbach

Alienware 15 4K UHD Touchscreen Gaming Laptop Intel Skylake Core i7-6700HQ 16GB DDR4 Memory 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M Klipsch Audio USB 3.0 Type-C 802.11ac Bluetooth 4.1 Windows 10
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

You need this

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom