Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch I know it's still early, but I'm on Best Buy's website, and CoD, Assassin's Creed, and...

A

Antoine N. McCormack

Can't always blame the dev's Nintendo has burned a lot of companies, you can blame them for most of what's going on game wise, they even have content creators on youtube boycotting their games because of their copyright striking of content, so those huge youtubers that help sell millions of games are influencing this as well..

Nintendo needs to increase their good will with these companies and show them they want to work with them, and not have everyone work for them... then maybe things will start to change.

A

Antoine N. McCormack

Take Final Fantasy 14 for example, SE wants to move it on to the switch which would be awesome... they need Nintendo to approve the updates schedule, and be okay with on the fly maintenance for it's game portal... but because it interferes with Nintendo's control over everything the talks have stopped. They're preventing a great game from hitting the switch.

K

Khalil Poole

It's still too early to tell, but we'll see how third parties turn out to be once the system starts to age over time. Slowly, Nintendo is changing because afterall, the parts in the Switch wasn't even made in house like all their previous systems. That in itself makes it easier on third parties.

B

Bobby Major

Ive said it before, but I will say it again. When you buy a Nintendo Console, buy it for the first part titles. There are decades of examples to back this up.
Sure third party games ported would be nice but Nintendo has never had a great relationship with third parties and never will.

Secondly, the Switch pales in comparison to the other consoles in terms of raw power, you would only get a seriously watered down ports if the developers tried to bring these games down. Skyrim will almost assuredly suffer in ways the newer consoles and PC don't.. Almost no other third party is going to put the resources needed to downscale a game like that to the Switch. Just look at the results of Dead Rising on the Wii or Skate on the Wii. perfect examples of what would happen here.

Look at the PSP and Vita, the console downsized ports were often poorly optimized and didn't sell well to begin with.

I would rather developers build Switch games from scratch with the Switch hardware in mind, and the Switch audience in mind. If your looking for third party games you need to have a second platform be it PS4, Xbox, or PC.

R

Ricky Anthony Robinson

Yes but Nintendo stated that with the switch they will be making it a little easier for third party developers to come to the switch so saying we shouldn't expect third party games is wrong . Reggie said himself they want third party games to come to the switch. I think they learned from where the wii u failed. It was going to doom their console developments so much they were considering doing just apps for games

R

Ricky Anthony Robinson

Hence why they made it 4 gb of ram and made unreal engine 4 support . Also They made the dev kits cheaper so you can't look at them like the old Nintendo they used to be . They are putting the efforts out there

S

Sophie Duval

I seriously can't see Nintendo approving South Park. Did you know that the creators of Binding of Isaac actually had a lot of troubles to get his game on the 3DS?

A

Antoine N. McCormack

to be fair nintendo does have some mature games Senran Kagura to name an example... they made the switch out to be a bit more mature with the 3ds being the more underage gaming device, i didn't expect southpark ofcourse but it would have been nice and fit in with the way they're advertising the system.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom