Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi. Looking for some advice please Have just purchased a new HP computer and I would...

L

Leisa Pearce

Hi. Looking for some advice please

Have just purchased a new HP computer and I would like to put a few games on it for my kids. I haven't played PC games for maybe 25 years so I'm totally clueless on what's out there for kids these days!

I don't really want my kids playing online or with other gamers because my kids are all under the age of eight. So I'm looking for downloads, which I'm more than happy to pay for. They need to be rated G and preferably of interest to little girls too. Thanks!

R

Ryan Howey

Minecraft and plants Vs zombies

N

Naomi Kitzne

Undertale
Dust: An Elysian tail
Freedom Planet
Sonic Adventure DX

yes I am trying to turn your kids into furries

A

Alex Konusa

Steam with parental control lol

T

Tyler Adams

Plants Vs. Zombies is available through Origin and it may even still be free
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Roblox is a popular game for children (but it's only online)
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

You should also try searching for online games of their favorite things like Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network, etc. Most of these aren't multiplayer.

G

Greg Buchanan

Minecraft would be a good start.

M

Miyu Tsukino

Minecraft would probably be your best interest. I don't think they make those Barbie kinda games anymore.

J

Josh Phillips

My daughter is 9
She loves Getting over it with Bennett Foddy.

H

Harry Townsend

have u tried resident evil seven ?

D

Džakwan Hanip

Broforce.

10/10 suitable for everyone

P

Patrick Reyes

Gta v. Lol.

Kidding. stay away from gta v.

A

Anthony McCauley

Minecraft is fine, other recommendations should be based on how good they are at games. There's a lot of G-PG games out there, but if they can't figure out the controls or constantly die it's not worth it.

Portal Knights is another Minecraft type game that looks pretty good.

Astroneer is a pretty simple space game that's about exploring and gathering resources.

Stardew Valley is basically Harvest Moon and I recommend it to all ages, really brilliant game.

If they are good at figuring things out, Terraria and Starbound are very good.

Planet Coaster! Really amazing RCT type game.

H

Hussien Fahd

Pacman and the ghostly adventures is a great game for kids on steam

P

Pratyush Raj

Well, going by what could appeal to kids- A Hat in Time, Yooka Laylee, Talent Not Included, Cuphead and maybe Android Assault Cactus. All good games with less plot and lots of good gameplay.

L

Leisa Pearce

Thanks for all the advice! Yeah the last game I played was Commander Keen!

Minecraft was already installed on the computer when we purchased it, so the kids have been giving it a good workout.

As per another friend's recommendation we got onto Roblox which my kids really enjoy as well.

Are all of these games recommended above available for download off the net? Or do I need to buy them from a store?

Sorry for the dumb questions. As I said, I'm totally clueless!

H

Hussien Fahd

Most of the games can be purchased from steam which is a program you download online

L

Leisa Pearce

Thanks everyone! You're a super friendly helpful bunch!!

Reckon we'll give Steam a look and see where it takes us

M

Mark Robertson

Out of curiosity, do you know the specs of the pc? Is it a gaming pc? If not, you may be limited in what games will work.

J

Joe Karim

Lego games!

A

Anthony McCauley

To add another to my previous list, Planet Coaster!

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom