Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys, need opinions - or rather knowledge. I decided to kick my old 4x4GB DDR3 RAM...

F

Fabian Grütze

Hey guys, need opinions - or rather knowledge.
I decided to kick my old 4x4GB DDR3 RAM modules out in favour of 2x8GB modules with a higher MHz (668 vs 1866) and maybe put another 2x8GB in later.
Problem is - PC won't start with the new modules. It's trying, but is caught in a restart cycle. It does not even get to the point where i can call up the BIOS. Old RAM works fine as usual.
So... did i miss something? Or is one of the RAMs broken?
Board is compatible, it's a Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Pic related, it's the new modules

K

Kevin Kurniawan

check your new ram DDR. maybe its DDR4. if its DDR4, it wont be compatible with DDR3 modules.

L

Lukas Stadler

Please name ram exactly and what ram did you use before. 668RAM sounds like.ddr2

L

Lukas Stadler

Also you are in the correct dimm slot

C

Chris Steezmour-Fussell

What processor are you running?

F

Fran Medenec

clear cmos?

S

Shane Lethbridge

Might wanna check your board manual because I'm pretty sure to achieve dual channel can be different spots on different boards? May cause the problem? Half of that is guessing so don't count me on it.

P

Pankaj Kumar

Do a bios update
And reset all the settings
Especially the ones dealing with ram voltages and stuff

C

Chase Lowe

Most motherboards in dual channel use slots 2 and 4, try that and if it doesn’t work try one stick and find which is the bad stick. Helpful tip also, always check motherboard handbook for correct DIMM slot usage.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom