Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Hey guys I need some help. So I have heard I am def not the only one with this problem...

J

Jaki K Marler

Hey guys I need some help. So I have heard I am def not the only one with this problem but basically my right joycon will have either half battery or no battery even though I charged it fully, left the switch off, put it in its case or leave it on my desk or something, go to turn the switch on later on to play and the right joy con will be dead or half life even though the switch hasn t been touched since I fully charged it. Left joycon is fine and switch itself is fine. First I thought maybe after I charged it and put it in my legend of Zelda case that maybe buttons were pressed on the right joy con causing it to turn on or something but that's why I tested it by charging it fully then very carefully placing it on my desk so nothing can touch it and the same thing happens. This happens about 70% of the time. I went to my friend who works at gamestop (yes yes I know how every body feels about gamestop and I agree with u all but since I have a friend who works there I figured it was worth a shot) she told me it was a common issue with the switch and that only way to fix it is by 1.sending it to Nintendo, 2.just buy new joycons and use the old ones as back up 3.buy new joycons that actually work with batteries that way there won't be an issue with charging. I liked number 3 option that way I don't have to keep worrying about recharging for a trip or w.e. and of course have the old joycons charged and ready to go as back up....I also notice that if I charged everything fully, put the switch in the dock to play on t.v. and put joycons in the little controller that comes with the switch and play like that,when done just turn switch off but leave joycons in the controller and just put it down somewhere that the right joy con doesn't have the issue of the extra battery drain. (I understand it won't drain as fast because it isnt hooked to the switch, what I am meaning is the right joy con is not draining abnormally fast or just not holding the charge at all) I noticed last night after I played my switch, (I was playing with the switch on the kickstand on my desk with joycons in the controller thing that come with it for free) I slid the joycons back onto the switch so I can turn it off and charge it, I slid them in and looked at battery life for the joycons and the left was normal but the right joy con said it was charging though I didn't have the switch plugged in or anything. So I slid it out and put it back on and same thing. So I just gave up and plugged the switch in to charge and it said all was charging. I havnt turned the switch on and look at things yet but I wanted your guys opinions . am I doing something wrong? Should I send it into Nintendo and wait for them to fix it? Should i just buy a new pair of joycons and use the old ones as back up (and send in the right joy con and use new ones while the old one gets fixed and once fixed use as a back up?) . should I get the joycons that use batteries and use those while I send in the right stick and when its fixed use them as back up? Or should I say F it and just get a new pair of joycons and not bother sending it in? I apologize this is super long. I am not tech savvy like most people so I am sorry if I describe things in Lamers terms . i also apologize for typos of any kind, I had a bad seizure couple years back and so grammar is a big struggle for me. Plus I am too lazy to go back and fix it all lol. I appreciate any advice or suggestions you guys can give. Any ideas would truly help. Thank u guys!

J

Josh Brown

Shift + Enter is your friend...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom