Contact advertising [email protected]

Hey guys having an issue with my PC. building a new pc with a watercooling loop. Had...

B

Bailey Perkins

Hey guys having an issue with my PC.
building a new pc with a watercooling loop.
Had the loop running perfectly fine with distilled water for a 24hr test run, after the test (no leaks at all) decided to hook up everything to the motherboard & it was booting to the bios perfect fine both power buttons on the case & motherboard were working.
Decided it was time to add coolant & finish off the build, I flushed the distilled water out through the drain I set up and added coolant instead, took me a while and did a lot of rotating & shaking the case to remove bubbles from gpu blocks etc. I finished the fill & let it run without any power to the motherboard for another 24hrs which went perfectly with no leaks again.
Went to connect everything up to the motherboard so I could install windows & start using the computer, and suddenly couldn’t get it to boot at all.. lights on the motherboard come on but pressing the onboard power button, the case power button & even trying to jumpstart the motherboard have 0 effect, it just sits there lit up - (it wasn’t turning the fans or anything, fan on the psu doesn’t even spin). I tried with different cables & even used the power supply out of my old computer to try start it but same thing. I’ve taken it completely out of the case & sat it on a standoff board & reseated everything, I even tried to post it with nothing connect besides the 8pin & the 24pin & nothing. Just onboard lights... is it dead and how could I have died?
It’s the ASUS Maximus VIII Hero..

B

Bailey Perkins

All the onboard lights are on by the way, even the RGB logo is cycling through all the colours & the start & Reset buttons are lit

G

Geoffrey Forney

Pull the bios battery out for 30 seconds, remove the ram, re install it and make sure it’s seated properly.

G

Geoffrey Forney

Shaking the case could have loosed something up

G

Geoffrey Forney

Also if you’re running one stick of ram, ensure that it’s installed in the proper slot. Refer to your mobo manual for the correct lane to install it

C

Cameron Harper

If you are turning that on with no cooling... ur gonna damage the cpu

K

Ken Dominguez

Remove bios battery and main power plug then push and hold the power button for 30 sec.

C

Cailean MacIlliuntaig

That's a ROG, it has diagnostic LEDs no? What code?

A

Al-jeebar Ibn Sali Dionga

I think u gotta plug a cpu cooler on the cpu fan header? did u try installing the intel stock cooler and see if it boots?

J

Jacob Glueck

Reseat all parts, of it worked before you shaking it to purge the air, then something shifted and is no longer making proper connection.

T

Thomas Krocker

It is the power supply check online to make sure your psu fan always runs or stays passive till it is required.

M

Mark Vincent Medrano

Did you try booting it without cpu cooler?

S

Steven Wurst

Bids ya try to pull the battery on the mother board to reset it and start over

S

Steven Wurst

Try customer support for asus they should be able to help , I had almost same issue but it ended up being my graphics card crashed

C

Cody Evens

I had the same problem with my last build. My issue was the rubber “pad” on the back of the motherboard for my EK water block...it was causing a short between the soldered pins poking through the mobo. I cut the extra length off of the pins, reinstalled the water cooler/bracket/pad and everything worked great.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom