Contact advertising [email protected]

Hello guys coffee lake 8700k is here should i upgrade from 4790k. I do purely gaming...

K

Khurram Tariq

Hello guys coffee lake 8700k is here should i upgrade from 4790k. I do purely gaming only. What do u think.

Y

Yan Andrukhov

id wait for next years intel lineup

B

Brendan Chaplin

tbh... you'd get a decent jump in performance if you did.. BUT... you still have a very capable chip

K

Kane Hewson

Not for only gaming. Id wait for next gen or just get a 8600k. I got the 8700k and its way overkill and so far i havnt seen it go over 40% cpu usage and I run triples with maxed out everything

J

Jakub Rozdżestwieński

If you do gaming only, do you see any problems with your cpu?

C

Clifton D Endicott

Honestly no it's not enough jump to warrant 800 dollars unless you do editing

C

Clifton D Endicott

Your still capable of ocing above kaby lake With devil's canyon and they match fps in 1440p and up on most games

J

Joseph George William

They tested this just the other day, the 4770k@stock can match a 4790k, & theyve included 4.6ghz benchmarks too;
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

C

Clifton D Endicott

That's only a 4770k though

C

Clifton D Endicott

He's got a much faster chip

R

Robert Frisch

Graphics card upgrade would be a far better idea.

C

Clifton D Endicott

It's clocked higher and turbos to 4.4 it's a higher clock at stock and OCS. Better

N

Nosuferatō No Zoddo

Not a big leap for gaming, just wait for the next batch of processors.

L

Lee Branch

not worth the expense of cpu, fan, motherboard etc

T

Tabish Murad

What gpu you got?

K

Khurram Tariq

gtx 1080

H

Hans Becker

naw, 4790K OCed is still plenty good.

R

Richard Philips

do you have 144mhz?

J

Josh Schoeling

I love my 8700k, i did a new build when it first came out and my last build had a 7700k in it and i had a small performance jump just from the 7700k. I mostly play cpu intensive games though like bf1 and destiny 2 and i still hit 70-80% cpu usage with the 8700k. In bf1 ill still hit 90-100% usage. The 8700k isnt overkill, i feel like its just the right amount with newer games that are comingnout

T

Torri Weis

If you are purely gaming you don't even need a 8700k. i5-8600k slighty beats out a 7700k.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom