Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Have a question regarding alternative power sources. Of course one could spend $30 on...

• Thread starter Malachi Somerled
  • Start date
M

Malachi Somerled

Have a question regarding alternative power sources. Of course one could spend $30 on an additional first-party charger, but I was curious if anybody has any experience with using third-party Chargers?

Not even necessarily looking for something that I can play while plugged in, but that is always preferable.
Has anybody bought something like a blackweb charger at Walmart, or anything like that?
Pic for reference.

B

Benjamin Bracker

This seems like a fire hazard waiting for a place to happen.

J

J.D. Hall

Works great

J

J.D. Hall

Black web is a good peripheral company, I have been using their mouse and keyboard for years

A

Andrew Norman

Any wall charger that can output 2A at 5v or higher via usb should work if you have a usb c cable

M

Matt MacDonald

I use my Galaxy S8 charger on my pro controller. I only charge my Switch in the dock though.

G

Gregg Cerenzio

That’ll do.

P

Phill Veunnasack

I use the Nyko one. 15 bucks. Charges well.

C

Collier Godfrey

The Nintendo one is a complete ripoff. $30 for a bulky ass charger that’s a foot shorter than me. Unless you’re prone to bad luck with electrical outlets in which a fried Switch with a Nintendo charger welded to it will be covered in warranty, don’t be like me and only later find out the Switch has a standard input. It’s also a major sin that they don’t include two in the box. Obviously that’s so they’ll get another $30 from you when you realize you can’t charge it next to your bed and keep the dock plugged in at the same time.

T

Teressa Heafner

I used my mom's galaxy s8 charger when my battery ran low and I didn't want to stop playing long enough for it to charge in the dock. It worked great.

B

Brandon Bou

Just saying not all USB type c cable are made the same I don't really trust black web but it your money

F

Flip Rodriguez

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

D

Doug Moore

D

Doug Moore

Switch battery case

D

Doug Moore

Or a rav power 26800 mah power bank with pd fast charging usb type c power bank

J

Jay Ybarra

Seems sketch. I wouldn't use anything I wouldn't use on my phone

B

Brent Blakley

I need to get one of these. I'm tired of disconnecting mine from the dock every time I leave my house.

C

Christian Johnsen

it says it's for the switch, and you're at walmart, and the package says walmart.com. If it hurts your switch I guess they wouldn't sell their own charger beeing responsible and maybe sued

A

Alice Ewing

Any usb c charger will work

A

Alice Ewing

My samsung s8 charger works, I can even plug and play

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom