Contact advertising [email protected]

Alright, try not to hate on me too much for my inexperience but I need some help. I...

R

Ross Wonsik

Alright, try not to hate on me too much for my inexperience but I need some help. I just got into PC Gaming a few months ago but I have very little knowledge of the components of a Pc and what does what. I’ve been doing some research but I figured Id ask for your opinions....I currently have a IBuyPower 504 Series pre-built PC which is great for me just starting off but I now want something better. I’m looking to try and upgrade components but I’m unclear of exactly what I should upgrade first and what components I should pay the most attention to...I don’t have a price range so hit me with whatever suggestions you have. Thank you all ahead of time for the help!

J

Justin McCarrell

Depending on what is in your PC currently, the main components you want to focus on are the CPU and the graphics card. But if you can wait, wait. GPU prices are ridiculous right now

I

Isaac Thomas

Gpu and depending on the psu maybe that too... a lot of pre built use suboptimal psu's

H

Hector Ramirez

I got you bro, you should’ve texted

B

Brandon Wassmer

SSDs help if you have HDD, ram if under 16gb, gpu if under 1050ti and you want higher settings or more graphics insensive games, motherboard if any of that doesnt fit, cpu if you have 4+4 cores or less, which also means new motherboard probably, better PSU based on new components maybe, possibly cooling if needed with new configs

B

Brandon Wassmer

Just looked up yours, guess i could have started there, but im no botonist.

Depends on what you want for your buck, but heres a tier list of what to hit first in MY opinion.

Power, that psu probably wont take anything upgraded thats worth the upgrade without more power.

Without buying a new rig your options are limited by the dual core cpu, youre not going to be able to prevent that from bottlenecking very many better GPUs. That being said start here to improve that one, or start scratch with a goal or budget.

SSD, trade the hdd for an sdd, put your files and shit on the HDD, games and OS on the SSD, this is the biggest upgrade youll notice for the least price, and itll work with that rig plug and play.

Ram: if you can do 16gb, do it.

GPU: You can take this to a 750ti and notice a huge jump in GPU intensive games, CPU intensive games will bottleneck.

CPU/Motherboard: Core components of a system, if you upgrade these, upgrade to something that will give you room to upgrade again, and plenty for now, then go back up the list.

M

Matthew Schill

What are the components in your build?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom