Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Alright, I'm getting into too many arguments with immature children on here about the...

R

Reggie Dupre'

Alright, I'm getting into too many arguments with immature children on here about the 3rd party dock situation. Let's run down why someone like myself would be interested in a 2nd dock and why someone would want a 3rd party one.

- Children are expensive. I cannot justify buying a 90 dollar dock when there's a 40 dollar one available. So fuck you for calling me cheap.

- Not everyone's setups are the same. I have an entertainment center in my living room that all the wiring for all my equipment runs behind. To change equipment out I have to pull the heavy furniture away from the wall and disconnect the wires from wire maintenance systems I have in place. My solution was to get a 2nd dock so I wouldn't have to go through this every time I wanted to change the location. So fuck off if you think that's lazy.

- Attacking people for being upset that the 300 dollar system that they love is in danger of bricking for using the accessory that you JUST bought is crazy. Grow up, people. There isn't a reason in this world I can think of for trying to make people feel bad about a purchasing decision like this if they researched it, decided on the right one for them, bought it, then hear hours later that it will kill your system if you use it.

I came to this group looking for suggestions and all I've gotten was guilt trips and insults. Mods, please, I've seen you ban people for less. Time to clean this place up.

D

Danny Diaz

I know the feeling, I just have four games, and that's after having to budgeting for it. To be young with no responsibilities

K

Kevin Guzik

Ok then

C

Cristhian Villagran

I’ve bought 10-15 dollar cases for my iPhones because they got the Tardis, I don’t see the issue with a smaller cheaper dock

C

Christopher Fleming

I travel a lot on the weekends for work. Can't just throw an official dock in by backpack, it would get bent. 3rd party has its advantages. Kids are expensive, but you know what isn't? A Nintendo Switch. For what it does it is pretty cheap and I can justify that purpose. A third of that price going just towards the dock, not so much.

S

Sophie Duval

I understand you are upset about the risks, I would be too if I was using 3rd party accessories.

However, I am no kid either. I work hard for my small salary and would never put my Switch (worth 300 bucks) in jeopardy for saving 50 bucks. I do not think it is lazy to want to have a second dock for whenever you move but I do think it is reckless to buy accessories that are not certified by Nintendo. I worked really hard to get myself a Switch and the risks are just not worth it to me. I’d rather save up for an extra month and keep it safe.

Hopefully Nintendo will either come up with a smaller cheaper dock or give certification and support to a 3rd party soon. Crossing fingers on that one.

K

Kevin Guzik

Hori accessories are pretty nice

J

John Tiggs Long

Totally agreed. The mods seem to be slacking lately. This place needs to be cleaned up.

M

Mario Abad

Nice story

T

Tony Huu Tran

Seem to be the case 5.0.0 update is causing brick for people who are using a third-party dock which is actual facts.

Not sure why OP is complaining here arnt you even worried at all that your Nintendo Switch might get bricked after buying that 3rd Party Switch Dock.

Another tip is to NOT update your Nintendo Switch Firmware to 5.0 like me I've been notified many times to update it but I just ignore it.

So at the end of the day you can use any 3rd party Switch docking to your hearts content as long you don't update the Nintendo Switch to version 5.0 firmware then you're all good .

This has nothing to do with Mods cleaning this place up this is a public group so eveyone is allowed to give his/hers own opinion.

Anyways when buying a Nintendo Switch it already comes with a dock inside the box so not sure why you even need a 3rd party docking in the first place.

A

Angela Goodall

Here’s the thing if you knowingly use a 3rd party dock that could cause your system to break you are pretty stupid. Do you have kids and shit is expensive? So what? You know what else is expensive? Your Switch. So why risk it? If you researched a 3rd party dock in the last few months you would of seen this is a common problem with them PRIOR to the 5.0 update. So either you suck at research or just seen a cheaper dock and went with it.

R

Reggie Dupre'

It seems a lot of you skimmed my post. I'm not using the dock. I'm pissed that I can't because I already updated. I haven't used the new one at all. The only one that came up as bricking systems prior to the update was the the Nyko

R

Reggie Dupre'

I bought the Best Buy brand, which was basically everything you'd want in a dock at half the price of the original.

R

Rolando Royster

I'm always iffy with 3rd party assessories any ways. If anything I would just go with Hori as they seem all friendly with Nintendo anyways

C

Christian Martinez

Just a heads up, the official Nintendo dock is currently on sale

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

D

David Par

This guy is a parent?

W

William Rivera

I have both the official dock and a 3 party dock I bought. The 3 party one as one to take with me when I travel I happen to take my switch everywhere with me I understand the point he is trying to make is its kind of a hassle and the dock that Nintendo offers you is kind of on the flimsy side but regardless I’ve spent almost 800 dollars in total on the purchase of my switch accessories and the 20 games I own I’m not gonna jeopardize my investment like that

R

Rob Emanuel

Reggie Dupre' sorry for all the trolls. Unfortunately this seems to be one of the more toxic Switch groups. They’re not all this way.

I agree 100% with what you said. And besides cost, Nintendo’s dock design seems unnecessary bulky. I myself have an Insignia dock, same as you, which my thoughtful wife researched and purchased as a gift for me. (We’ve easily spent over $2K as a household on the Switch, so I wouldn’t say we’re cheap.) Before the update, it was thought to be a fine product, and it has served me well.

Both before the update and since, Nyko was notorious about bricking Switches. Since the update I’ve mostly heard about more issues with Nyko, but I have also heard about issues with Fast Snail and a couple others. Nothing with Insignia, ever, either before or after the update. In fact I have seen 2 reports in forums like this of people using the Insignia dock after the update without any issue.

Since it’s my secondary dock and I don’t use it very often, I haven’t had a need to try out the Insignia myself since the controversy. Right now I’m taking a “wait and see” approach. Since the Insignia was known to be a good product prior to the update, if there are still no reports of issues with Insignia docks by about a month after, I’m going to go on using mine.

I hope this helps, and again, sorry for all the BS you’ve encountered here. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you’d like to discuss alternatives.

O

Omar Shariff

Okay. So what are you trying to do here actually?

Is it a licensed accessory? If it is get back with the manufacturer. If not you’re fucked. As simple as that.

J

Jason Richardson

Well buy your cheaper 2nd dock but don’t bitch to us and Nintendo when it bricks they should not repair it out of warranty or when not using official stuff

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom