Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Opinion: I'm kinda upset that the smash games got rid of the combat inspired subtitles...

J

John Wolf

Opinion: I'm kinda upset that the smash games got rid of the combat inspired subtitles (like Melee and brawl) that they used to have. The names now feel less creative, smash Bros for the Wii u and 3ds isn't as creative to me as say supermash Bros: rumble or Battle Royale.

W

Will Bartos

That might have been just because they wanted to differentiate between the Wii U and 3DS versions by...being obvious. I'd have loved to have seen more subtitles for the series - Rumble, Showdown, or you could just go nuts with descriptors like "Victory" (I wouldn't use Battle Royale due to copyright issues). Maybe in the next one. But I get the feeling part of it is also Sakurai trying to distance the Smash Bros. franchise from fighting games.

N

Nicholas Sanchez

I remember someone suggesting Smash Bros Universe (for Wii U) and Smash Bros Three Dimensions (for 3DS). I would’ve totally been down for those subtitles over the lazy “For Wii U/3DS”

E

Etienne Gouraige

I can see why they opted just for the console names.

Think about it.
Releasing the game under a synonym for fight is a waste of two words for pretty much one game. Pretty sure Smash 5 is going to have that fight word as the subtitle.

M

Malin Hayes

Super Smash Bros Curbstomp

J

Jonathan Woo

If you can't see the pun, I feel sorry for you

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom