Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Just got arms. Fantastic game but does anyone else feel like the motion controls are...

R

Riley Horne

Just got arms. Fantastic game but does anyone else feel like the motion controls are really gimmicky and just weigh the game down. This is the reason I never bought a wii, really hope Nintendo doesnt go back to heavy motion controls.

I get it, its a boxing game and takes practice to get use to the controls. They just feel very unintiutive.

A

Andrew Troy Stott

We prefer playing it with the grip, sans motion controls. Personal preference.

C

Collin Cripps Rhynold

At least motion controls ain't forced upon you with the switch, they give you the option in every game that utilises them so far.

C

Carlos Silva

It's a "fighting game" bro

S

Sean Wefers

I play handheld and with the pro controller.

H

Helio Gabriel Sabatelau Oliveira

Nope, motion controls work much, much better for me. Better aiming, individual arm control, overall intuitive controls... It's all there.

J

Jay Ybarra

I go back and forth between the controls. They seem to work just fine

B

Basil Miranda

Motion controls work really well. You can't go flailing your arms about. You get better the more you use it. Just have to remember that when you punch or grab you have to wait for your arms to come back to you.

B

Bella Hale

Naw, I love motion controls. Gets me standing up and moving.

Also....

D

Derek Beattie

I enjoyed the motion controls and still do, bit i found it tough to learn the mechanics and rhythm while using it

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

Pro controller master race

S

Spencer Miller

It's great fun. I think the motion controls take a bit to get used to. I just use the standard controller though. The game is definitely meant to be multiplayer. The single player is not as fun compared to party mode.

R

Rolando Royster

I find I have way more fun using the pro controller. Easier to move around the arena

F

Franz Jonnel Taruc Palentinos

There are pros and cons with using the Thumbs-Up motion vs analog controls. For one, shots are WAY easier to curve using T-U, but movement is much more efficient using a controller.

E

Emily Estella Scott

Gyro motion is janky for me thus far and I know it supposedly gives you an edge at games like Splatoon but I just can't orient myself to them like I could with pointer aiming... idk I haven't played arms yet so I reserve judgement for later but I haven't been a fan thus far. (Gyro puzzles must die!! :p)

M

Muhamad Syamri Rozari

The motion control is a bit awkward at 1st time but feel more natural the more you play.

N

Neil Eichenberger

just DONT use the motion controls if you don't like it. PROBLEM SOLVED. JEEZ

R

Ryan Dale

If the motion controls don't feel right make sure you have calibrated the controllers (settings menu on the Switch). After that if you still don't like it then at least you know it's just you and not the hardware.

C

Craig Mcnair

Use the controller

B

Brian Voelpel

Just play with regular controls. The problem with the wii was that it always FORCED you to use motion controls with out any other options. Thankfully, Nintendo doesn't do that anymore.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom