Contact advertising [email protected]

Im needing to purchase a longer Ethernet cable. Is there a specific brand or type i...

C

Chris Jarvis

Whats the distance you need to run? Is it going inside the walls or not?
Does any of the equipment itll be hooked into have grounded metal ports for the plug?

Cat5e can do 1gbps cat6 can do 10gbps short lengths and 1gb rest way, cat6a 10gbps up to 100m, and cat7 is 10gbps with more shielding and thicker bundle the thing is its limited by equipment first then distance. If youre in an average smaller house you may not exceed lengths for degradation of signal.

Buy a cord without metal plugs if you dont have equipment with grounded ports, its waste of money and can catch interference.

Cheap cat5e is way to go for a patch cable, if its in wall cat6 works, get kind made for in wall runs. Its stronger.( there is debate between stranded or solid core wires in relation to in and out of wall runs)

Not best article but does an ok job explaining it.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The gaming enhanced is likely just a marketing tactic, its possible its a higher quality cable and materials but not likely worth it.

I have a mix of cat6 cat7 and some 5e patch in my house with a 42u server rack, switches, game consoles, etc. The cat7 i have is shielded(metal plugs) and all of those run to the big switch on server rack which has grounded metal ports. Its overkill but i hope to turn my internal 1gb network into 10gb oneday.
Cat6 and 5e not shielded run to consoles desktops and misc stuff off of rack.

I get solid performance throughout my network.

C

Charles Gulotta

go to Monoprice.com best cables cheep.

E

Eric Cote

Why does it seem in pc land, that most wanna build for yesterday? Never seeming to wanna make a purchase for tomorrow? Getting ahead of the game seems to be exactly what we should be shooting for? The costs aren’t that awful expensive, taking into account that we can purchase little by Little if needed

A

Ashley Perkins

How far are you needing it to go?

R

Rafic Sahyouni

3m cat6

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom