Contact advertising [email protected]

I watched this video in youtube, and it compares i7 against ryzen 7, both latest 2017...

• Thread starter Francis Harvey Rodulfo
  • Start date
F

Francis Harvey Rodulfo

I watched this video in youtube, and it compares i7 against ryzen 7, both latest 2017 procesors..
And in the videos of the games, it' almost of the same result that:

Depending on game, ryzen has higher fps by around more than 5, but in some games, intel has higher fps.
Ryzen always uses less cpu %, by 30% lower.
Intel consumes lesser power by a little of more than 10watts.
Ryzen produces lesser heat, by around more than 8C.

Overall, i saw in that video that ryzen has better efficiency, uses only little cpu % and produces lesser heat, but consumes more power..

Your thoughts guys?

D

Donovan Smith

Link

F

Francis Harvey Rodulfo

B

Blacj Sun

agreed..but im comparing with r5 1600 and i7 7600k..r5 is cooler, less cpu usage (maybe those extra cores not working?)..fps on those high gpu dependent game is negligible..did saw a large fps diff in dota 2..r5 was around 160fps but i7 was no less than 200..pair with gtx 1080

r5 temp under load with stock cooler was around 65c and i7 temp around 73 with cryorig h7 lumi both at stock setting

M

Mendupe Mendupes Brilliendupes

r7 vs 7700k ??

F

Francis Harvey Rodulfo

Yes. I7 uses more cpu%.. But ryzen uses more power

Γ

Γιώργος Γιαμακίδης

ryzen have expiration date at 4 years is dead intel never die's

J

Jeremias Marco Harsono

Ryzen with AM4 you don't need to change motherboard for several years. Intel from Kaby Lake to Coffee Lake needs motherboard change. If you're also looking for ease of upgrade, I think Ryzen is better

G

Gary Lewis

They're both well capable cpus, so most of it comes down to the graphics card (in games).

T

Timur Terekhov

I have Ryzen 1700X and it requires liquid cooling in order to work without noise, without overclocking. But with Arctic liquid 120 I can set it to 3900 without noise, for regular use. CPUs from Intel do not require so expensive cooler, they noisy only under loading with budget air coolers.

D

Dustin Chamberlain

I'm not sure what video you were watching or where you were getting your information... but there are many things in your post here which don't make sense (such as Intel consuming less electricity (wrong) and Ryzen producing less heat (not possible if it consumes more electricity)) as well as things which are just straight up wrong (such as Ryzen being a better gaming chip).

No hate against Ryzen at all. It's good for what it is, especially its price, and its certainly capable of gaming with little issues... but there is very little correct information in your post up there (and in the video you posted as well)

T

Timur Terekhov

The difference is that for Intel you pay more for CPU and for AMD you pay more for all other system components.

P

Prakhar Tripathi

Whatever it is, I'd anyday pick Intel over AMD

B

Brian Bresse

Was this with stock heat sync/fan?

C

Christopher Montgomery

Power consumption will drop as new wafers come out of the fab as higher clocks and heat dissipation improve as well. Lots of teeth left in ryzen yet and new products beyond it are already in the works. AMD are on a non stop mission now that the purchase of ATI has finally meshed the two units into a more cohesive talent pool and the environment to go where you want to take it attitude at AMD is back.

M

Muǹ

I just wanted the maximus FPS in my game with my gpu. Even an idiot knows Intel is the king here. I ain't gonna need those extra cores for streaming / rendering some shits. Suddenly there are so many 'streamers' and 'content creators' around huh??! what a joke. Heck ryzen single core performance sucks waiting for 8700K now ❤

R

Richard Sanders

Intel seems get better FPS on 1080p when you go to very high fps 100+...but Rzyen does better when you need to stuff in the background like streaming

R

Richard Sanders

Most people tend be GPU bound anyway when they play games so CPU not as important

R

Richard Sanders

CPUs are a tool, sometimes you need a screw driver sometimes you need a hammer, whats right depends on what job your doing

G

Gerald Phelon

I have Ryzen 7 in my comp, it's hot as fuck after AN hour of gaming

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom