Contact advertising [email protected]

Hi so I was going to get a Xbox one x but decoded to get my first PC instead which i...

G

Greg Grainger

Hi so I was going to get a Xbox one x but decoded to get my first PC instead which i get delivered next week I went for a i5 7400 and nvidia gtx 1060 6gb and 8gb of ddr4 will I be able to play on 4k at playable framerates

G

Gustav Longeill

4k might be a stretch for 60 fps, but if you're used to consoles, 30 won't be so bad.

N

Nitin Misra

8gb ram

G

Greg Grainger

All the budget I had

K

Kielan Willcox

No it won't I have the same but 16gb ram and it does 1080p at above 60 fps on AAA games but not 4k

J

Jason Marble

Agreed, 4K might be too much for that computer to handle. I think a 1440p monitor would fit perfectly with average 60fps

G

Greg Grainger

I'm happy with 30 fps as I've only ever played on consoles is that possible

M

Marcus Dean Adams

Probably. My RX 480 can do 30fps+ on a lot of games at ultra settings at 4k. I don't play at 4k, I play at 1080p so I can do ultra settings and 60+fps, but if my RX 480 can do it, I don't see why a GTX 1060 couldn't do "playable" framerates at 4k, depending on your definition of "playable", especially if you don't mind turning down a setting or two.

R

Rudy Sanchez

I was going to get the xbox one x too but I decided to build my own gaming pc

J

Jeremy Chafin

To run 4k at butter smooth 60fps on high settings, you'll need dual video cards

R

Reace Baker

honestly if you've been playing console, even 1080p at ultra is 100x better

G

Greg Grainger

I just don't want my 4k monitor to go to waste lol

C

Clement PanPan

Why 4K? Just go 1080p.... What you'd be lacking is refresh rates, and it will seriously give you a headache after long periods of time if you do 4K (4K isn't even actually really a thing yet... I have 2 gtx 1080Ti and there are only a few triple A games that can keep up at above 60fps constant

S

Sam Strelitz

Depends on the game and the graphical settings, and how many FPS you want. Some games are way more optimized than others, too.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

The 4k tv might have huge latency. (slow response)

An xbox would fail you in many ways, so the decision with a computer was a good one.

Some games like portal (games from about 2007) will run good on 4k.

If you want to play later games, with high quality settings in 4k and over 60fps, you need a1080ti.

J

Jonathan Wahlgren

look for a performance setting on the tv when you use it later. Some even have a "gaming mode", so it will fell more smooth

G

Garrick Schull

1060 is a good 1080p card. 4k might be playable on medium low settings. But probably not a stable 60 fps.

N

Nitin Misra

Get a monitor thats capable of 144hz. You’ll be happier

B

Brylle Salem

Sell the 4k tv and get a gaming monitor it'll give you more budget to upgrade your pc ;)

C

Chavlier Brown

Wait......did u buy a pre-built?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom