Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Hey! I don’t normally post in this group, but I need some opinions. My Nintendo Switch...

M

Matthew Calvert

Hey! I don’t normally post in this group, but I need some opinions. My Nintendo Switch was recently stolen and all of my physical games were in the case with my Switch. I am going to buy another Switch once I have the money and replace most of the games I lost along the way, however I am debating about rebuying them physical or just buying them digital. I like to buy physical because the game cases can stand like trophies on my shelf, but for the games I’m rebuying I already have the cases, so I would just be buying them for the game cartridge itself. Is it worth it, or should I just rebuy them digitally and get a good micro SD card?

C

Curtis Mcintyre

I think physical is the best route still.

C

Cedric John Sebastian

Go digital fam. If it gets stolen (hopefully not) or lost, just redownload the games. Learn from your mistake.

N

Niki Coppola

You may be able to get some of those physical games discounted at this point.

E

Emily Estella Scott

You'll likely find the physical games cheaper, I am sorry to hear about your Switch and games though

R

Rocco Bennett

I think digital on the switch specifically is great

R

Rocco Bennett

I but physical ps4, all digital on switch

S

Suzy Vu

I'm sorry to hear that my switch was stolen recently too and it seems like more and more are being stolen. If you want to resell the games one day go for physical. Hopefully Nintendo does some kind of cloud save thing soon.

J

Joey Valk

I bought two separate smaller cases to carry all of my physical Switch games in. If someone grabs my Switch and runs off with it, I'll at least still have my physical games.

J

Jordan Santella

Physical is probs the ways to go if it’s digital and they got the switch they already got the games anyway and with the switch storage you’ll have to get a high gigabyte micro SD card or multiple I prefer physical because then you can trade in swap and borrow also have the cases look nice

J

John Morris

First things first: if you have serial number I would personally report to police (check your receipt). Maybe nothing will happen but at least you’ve done something. Next: I would call Nintendo to find out if they can do something to block stolen Nintendo from online services (well again - they might need serial number - I don’t know). Don’t give up easily. Also they might suggest something about games you had on your profile. As for digital vs hard copy I personally will always go fo digital. Less things to worry about (like loosing or being stolen) + I can always redownload games.

B

Bekrah T'sion

It’s all subjective...

I have a complete digital library with over 50 Switch games installed on a 256GB MicroSD.
I couldn’t imagine carrying around all those cartridges.
I’ve been a PC gamer for over 10 years so I have gotten used to the convenience regarding digital copies of video games.
I have no desire to ‘lend’ my games to other parties, so the thought of doing so never enters the equation when it comes to me buying games. If I like the game then I support the developer buy purchasing said game, simple.
In my opinion there are higher risk involved with physical copies of games. They can get lost easy or be stolen, or if the cartridge becomes damaged then you’re also out of luck.
Some people have a unrealistic fear of digital games due to the ideal that software developers may restrict their access to a digital game at any point for any reason.
Last time I checked, physical copies of games can also be breached by a simple software update by the devs. If they want to make you physical game unplayable, then they can simply do it via software.
It’s a false sense of security when you really think about it.

T

Tyler Hamric

If you go digital, make sure you buy an SD card. That's the way I would do it if I were you since you have the cases. You don't have to worry about tasking the cartridge out every time

A

Adrian Chan

You would need to be seriously unlucky to get a second switch stolen

A

Adrian Chan

Did you have the parental control app linked to your switch

B

Brian Foster

My first two games were physical and I hated swapping the carts, so I got digital from then on. Now I regret it, because I can see getting additional Switches in the long term and not being able to swap games will be annoying.

J

Josh Brown

You can probably buy them used game card only.

J

Johnathon Mendez

Digital if theft is going to be an issue. You can always redownload the games with your account

J

Josh Brown

It's pretty insane that systems are being stolen because of the demand and how popular they are.

G

Gregg Cerenzio

Digital. Carrying aroun 40-50 carts is nuts

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom