Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Alright people, help a fella out I've been in this group since March, pretty much,...

I

Ivan Girard

Alright people, help a fella out

I've been in this group since March, pretty much, and I still haven't go a switch, mostly because the stocks were empty when I had the money, and now I can't afford it this month, but I'll probably go for it the next month

Now here's my issue:
I'm a big PC gamer, and I've spent a lot of time with a mouse and keyboard, and I've started getting really used having the screen at around 1 meter away from my face, and high refresh rates. I wonder if I'll be able to enjoy my switch.

This question mostly comes because I have a 3DS, and I bought 3 pokemon games over the years, but I haven't got around to play them; simply because of how small the screen feels, and how uncomfortable it is to have the DS in my hands. I'm just wondering if I'll experience the same issues with my switch, and if anyone had/has the same feeling?
(I know I can just dock the switch if the small screen annoys me, but I'm getting the switch for the portability and it would kind of suck if I had to scratch that completely)

D

Dylan Pereira

You will be absolutely fine, don't worry about it

J

Jason Cameron

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Also, Switch isn't tiny like 3DS. Switch can be used on a big screen. Switch is better than everything else. So don't worry about Switch.

S

Scottie Cousino

Yeah the screen is 6 inches. Which I think is good enough. Lol I feel like it's too big.

K

Keith Marsh

Its easy to go from pc to switch. I struggled to play sun and moon because of the same issues as you, but I put hour after hour on the switch in handheld mode. I've only had it docked for 2-3 hours tops

L

Luke Lovelock

I would consider myself a pc gamer overall. My switch is fine. Fps etc.... dont bother me on switch. Its great.

I

Ivan Girard

Thanks to everyone for answering, I think I'm convinced. Hope to get my hands on some good ol' nintendo games very soon :)

T

Taylor Parden

PC gamer here. High refresh rates and framerates are super important to me and I also keep my monitor not far from my face. That being said, I've played my switch almost exclusively in docked mode (on my pc monitor and in my regular chair) and I've loved every second. However, I am the slightest bit concerned for rocket league because getting more competitive in that game is what made me want to buy a better pc and monitor to make sure I was playing at 150+ frames at all times. The difference between playing that on pc and other consoles is huge. I hope that the difference isn't so jarring that I don't even enjoy the game on switch, but I have to say that for every other game I've played on switch I've had no issues. I don't think you'll have issues with portable mode. It's been nothing but convenient for me and playing competitive games on the small screen isn't necessarily optimal, but it's better than not being able to play at all and that's what makes the switch so great!

D

Daniel Garcia

3DS XL could habe fixed the tint screen syndrome. Switch being bigger, you can hold it right up to your face, no problem.
I think you can make the adjustment.

W

Will Edwards

Just got to ease into it. Just like when I was young we gad type writers then computers csne out. I wasnt used to no computers now I'm a computer whiz lol my point is east into and get a feel for it you will get used to it in no time.

K

Kevin Mendenhall

If you connect your monitor(s) through HDMI you can set the Switch up to play from the monitor, you might have to plug in your speakers (if it's not usb) to the Switch. I'm currently doing this because I lack a tv at the moment

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom