Contact advertising [email protected]

Why do people in high elo make new accounts just so they can stomp people in lower...

A

Alexander de Armas

Why do people in high elo make new accounts just so they can stomp people in lower elo's? It seriously takes any fun that could have been had in ranked out of the equation. Thoughts and comments?

M

Mark Scillion

So they can feel some amount of pride in their little lives

T

Tim Creighton

Because they can't advance out of their current elo

A

Adrian Bermea

Some people do it so they can stream Bronze-to-GM marathons on Twitch

Bronze players suck these streams up because they don't understand how SR and ratings work, and totally believe that it is possible to go from Bronze to GM in 6 hours without being already a GM player

K

Kevin Kusanagi

To play with lower elo friends. Nothing wrong with that

T

Theo van Booma

But blizzard won't stop it because those people a lie spending money to stomp you. This game could be fun, but that doesn't make money

K

Kevin Kusanagi

Literally nothing wrong with surfing all I see is a bunch of bitching and crying, stop being bad and they won't be a problem.

D

Dhanj Narasimhan

I made a new acc to learn different heroes and improve, it's an alt though, not really a smurf

C

Cris Palaio

Alot of youtubers do it to get clips for montages since its easier than playing people their level.

J

Justice Arias

I’m a master level sym player. So what’s wrong with me having a lower sr account to play dps?

F

Francis Lee

I have never really stomped anyone on my alt accounts at all because within about 5-10 matches I was playing against my own elo and then at level 25 placed in roughly the same rank. If you were just stomping everyone you’d be moved up to a higher MMR super fast. The only exception is if someone is throwing fuckloads of games over and over to stay at a low rank, but I would hope they’d end up being reported and banned.

IMO there is no satisfaction in playing against people much worse than you, it’s pointless. May as well just play against bots.

J

John Huk

They make it to practice new heroes, not to stomp

K

Kayla Sheree

Who cares what people spend their money on? With my account, I have a shit ton of hours and play many characters; however, playing comp never goes well for me. I even change it up, practice, and work on myself, but ending up in shit groups is never fun. I almost hit plat and then a day later lost 700sr~

I would love to have a new account just to see where I would end up with how far I have become.

C

Chromos Vex

Got gud

V

Vaʟentına Fuchs

I'm in masters, I'm a Mercy, D.VA and Zarya main though I got to diamond mainly by playing Mercy. I made a smurf to prove to myself I wasn't just some boosted ape in a high elo and I played DPS and tank on that smurf, and I got high diamond.

I didn't make that smurf to stomp on people, and I eventually got adjusted to people my rank on my placements anyway.

V

Vaʟentına Fuchs

I don't mind smurfs, as long as those smurfs are accounts near their real rank, and it's not a GM smurf playing in a platinum game, you know?

C

Carmen Bakker

They have tiny dicks

S

Sam Wilkinson

Regarding people that make it to practice other hero's, you're all still mechanically way better than anyone at lower ranks, your game sense is probably a heck of a lot better aswell so that's not an excuse. As long as their alt account is roughly where their main account is then no problem but if they are much lower then it ruins the game

L

Luna Bellinski

Because some people have such low self esteem that they have to do things like this to feel better than others and feel good about themselves

J

Joseph Lawrence

To play with our friends,

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom