Contact advertising [email protected]

Which Fx Cpu wouldn’t bottleneck my 980? Right now I have fx 6300!

P

Patrick Freed

Which Fx Cpu wouldn’t bottleneck my 980? Right now I have fx 6300!

C

Christian Bråten

All of them will bottleneck

T

Tyler Millz

A

Allen J Russell

All are a bottleneck, but if your looking for a upgrade then the fx 8350 , 8370 are your best choices. Otherwise change motherboard and ram and processor.

A

Allen J Russell

Fx 8320 is also exellent and can overclock very well

J

Jeremy Chafin

Fx 8370 overclocked to 4.5ghz

A

Allen J Russell

I used a gtx 1070 with a fx 8350 and when I switched to ryzen what a big difference

J

Jonnathon Clayton

depends on your motherboard, what board do you have, that will determine what AM3+ CPU you can use, based on voltage requirements, the fx 6300 is 95W, and you can for sure upgrade to the 8320E because its 95W, can your motherboard support the 125W 8350, or the 220W 9590?

L

Luke Janzen

Amd x4 880k

V

Ville-Waltteri Herrala

8350 with a beefy OC. On stock clocks you will encounter a small bottleneck with any FX, it's just due to their poor IPC.

G

Garrick Schull

All of em. 8350 Would be a bit better as it can typically overclock a bit higher and you get two more cores. But If I were you I'd save my money to build a new CPU ram and motherboard combo.

K

Kevin Edward

8350 or 8370 are both good enough.

B

Brian Banks

Imo to lessen the bottleneck you have to run an fx atleast at 4.5ghz but you will still see gpu usage drops at 1080p even with a 8core fx on anything above a 970/780ti and yes I've had a fx6300 barely any different than a 83xx in gaming

M

Mitchel

Tbh I would just buy Ryzen instead and get an AM4 motherboard

D

Dmitriy Glotenko

No, FX is not enough. My 8320 at 4.5 wasn't able to drive 670...

M

Mike Trigg

6350 with gtx 960 16gb of Ram ... no bottleneck

R

Rick Weller

Just OC to at least 4.0 and you will be fine,oh and 16g ram will help

B

Brandon Hicks

2 Years on a 8320 oc @ 4.2, temps stay under 45 under load. No “bottleneck”.

A

Allen J Russell

Just to let everyone know, I'm very fond of fx processors and to say there is no bottleneck would mean your incompetent. The bottleneck isn't the processor necessarily, it is the ddr3 ram and amd single core ability. Honestly to upgrade from a fx 6300 to a fx 8320, 8350, or 8370 would be a waste. The 6300 and the 8350 aren't much different in single core ability. If you aren't using the extra cores then trust me from experience it isn't worth spending the money. Your better off buying a newer motherboard and put it aside. Then save for ram and then processor.

D

David Rickerd

My friend has a 9590 with dual eVga GTX 970 8n sli...and there is no bottleneck

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom