Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One What's the best strategy for finding a quetz, and which is the best method for solo...

J

JRoy BBop

What's the best strategy for finding a quetz, and which is the best method for solo taming one?

C

Cameron Lee

Depends on what map you're on, on the island fly around red. On center fly over the hills toward the center island or around blue. For solo tame if you dont have a quetz already its damn near impossible.

J

Jozef Wayne Hembree

^^^^^^

J

JRoy BBop

Well I'm on single player. Would it be easier to use a second player controller to split screen tame?

J

Joshua SoPro Lafleur

Get a 150 scorpion pump all melee put it on aggressive and fly around with it in a Argys talons and let it poke the quetz. Takes about a hour to drop a level 15 due to the fly speed nerf. It's def possible tho

C

Cameron Lee

Yeah you can definitely use the scorpion method but you better have a couple hours of free time and a whole lot of patience.

J

Joshua SoPro Lafleur

^ he's correct not the easiest but it's def possible.

R

Richard Digby

Does the rare flower method work with Quetz?

C

Cameron Lee

Oh, i forgot about those. That's definitely worth a try.

C

Chris L Ziegler

Grapple hook argy, whistle attack Target quetz, once there whistle passive, tranq quetz, gets far away, whistle attack Target to get close to it again, rinse repeat.

C

Cameron MacNeil

Couldn't you take a Bronto with a Ballista on it's back,. Chain bola it, then tranq it before it jumps out?

D

David Lee Flynn

Can you still do the grapple trick?

D

David Lee Flynn

Grapple the quetz and switch to second cross bow?

M

Matthew Lohan

Have a Tappy?? Hop on front seat with no driver, whistle attack (using the LB+down or whatever it is) your Tappy will take flight and pursue, whistle passive when you get close, put a tranq or two into it, whistle attack again, tranq, rinse and repeat, just be sure not to hit your tap, you'll have infinite Stam so you can chase indefinitely and once you get good you can even get yourself on the side or even underneath for easy aiming...

... Having said that. It is still a pain to do solo

C

Cam Drain

Have to crossbows in hot bar, one with grapple one with tranqs, grapple one, tranq it, and good luck keeping it down and alive solo

C

Cam Drain

Two crossbows* I'm pretty sure it still works but I have a tribe of my core homies that have all played since the first 100 servers so never had to try this method, just know people who used it

J

Joseph Green

I used chain bola lol

R

Ryan Bourke

Start by taking a tapejara. Get as many darts/tranq arrows as you can and find a LOW level quetz first(5 - 15). Get below it and hop on your tape but sit in the >front< seat and whistle attack on quetzal. After you tame that one it'll be easier to tame a high level quetz. That's how I did it solo on my server. Don't forget to bring meat and narcotics.

T

Thomas Zygo

Just know your spawns. 2 by red ob, one by herb, one by spino river one on the snow waterfall in nz3 and one in redwood

M

Michael Angelo Carlozzi

Rare flowers, find a quetz eat flowers have it agro u to your base keep eating flowers and shooting it in the face with tranq arrows

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom