Contact advertising [email protected]

Two Samsung 950 evo nvme m.2 ssd’s in raid for boot drive? Thinking that would be...

T

Tim Woodworth

Two Samsung 950 evo nvme m.2 ssd’s in raid for boot drive? Thinking that would be wicked fast. Boot windows in a second lol. Just learned I can do that on my board with bios update. Anyone done this yet?

S

Spencer Dewar

Don't think we will every get boot in under 6 seconds because of initial startup processes on the board as it gets power. But it will be fast. I have just one 950 evo and I get sub 30 seconds.

G

Garrick Schull

Just get a 960 pro instead

B

Ben Joslin

They would be good. Will probably imprive loading times in game

R

Riley Branson

just so you now, if your running a raid config, then for boot you also have to boot your raid controller which takes a couple of seconds. tbh, your better off using just the 1 m.2 ssd. even then I think it has an extra device controller that makes initial boot times with m.2 drives a tad slower because its got to boot the device controller. but your just better off with 1 ssd if your after fastest boot times. barely any difference between raid0 950 evo m.2s compared to a single m.2 ssd. tbh, the ssd is now fast enough to a point where the only way to get load times faster is to go with a processor with better IPC and faster clock speed. only reason why you would really want to go raid m.2 is if you do like workstation stuff like video editing or opening large files for massive 3d projects or etc. its not really worth going raid0 with m.2 because your bottlenecked at the cpu. theyre that fast. if you youtube linustechtips and m.2 this will explain it in slightly more detail.

R

Riley Branson

essentially, if you want to raid0 m.2 for boot speeds, it will be barely noticeable. raid0 for m.2 is more so for workstation use. I would just go a single 950 evo 500gb nvme m.2 ssd

Q

Quent Dockens

Yes i run 3x 960 evo in Raid as boot on my MSI Gaming Z270 m7

R

Ryan Bloch

shit why would you need to boot windows any faster. My Samsung evo does it in like 6 seconds

R

Ryan Bloch

Guess when you got the money lol

C

Chris Heren

I have a 960 EVO M.2 1TB. I don't even get a post screen. Login screen comes up 15 sec after I push the power button.

R

Richard Savoy

Disk check is like 1 second. Lol

B

Ben Percy Ward

Just buy one bigger drive.

T

Tim Woodworth

I was a little off 5.1 seconds was my boot right now. It’s faster sometimes too

T

Tim Woodworth

My current rig out on the road with me

T

Tim Woodworth

She’s so sexy

D

Dennis Barbier

To answer your original question in my experience RAID in a boot volume is almost always a pain in the ass.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom