Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch TLDR (port vs new/future of smash/release date) Personal Opinion Post (POP) I have...

• Thread starter Justin Anderson
  • Start date
J

Justin Anderson

TLDR (port vs new/future of smash/release date)

Personal Opinion Post (POP)

I have to say at first, is smash announcement prove that this game will be a port or new game? I think it's a combination of both. Will it be advertised as a new game? Yup, it will just be called Super Smash Bros nothing more, nothing less. Why? Well it's simple it's a combination of both meaning the assets are very much the same like the development of the characters will be the same they might be slightly up rezed. They will still have the same hit boxes and the stages will feel the same. Now how is it New? There will be new content like new maps, characters, modes, 3DS content and maybe a true story mode. Now that we know Sakuri is 100% making this game(even tho he said he was taking a break). The whole is this a port or new is very irrelevant. It's a new game that will have similar gameplay as Smash for Wiiu. It's kinda like Splatoon one vs Splatoon 2 sure it's a new game but c'mon it's not a huge difference. I honestly can see Nintendo really trying to make this game as a game that's very universal and will have add on characters and maybe skins? Like Legauge of Legends or Overwatch. Why call it Super Smash Bros unless it will just always just be called Super Smash Bros? The fact that Nintendo can make so much money with advertising this game as it will have a very longevity. Let's talk about release date for a second. I think this game will come out this winter. Right after Nintendo talks about the online in how it will work ( yes you will have to pay to play smash online) I'm gonna say November release makes sense. We will for sure get lots of details on smash at E3 with more characters to be announced. Let they hype commence.

M

Mario Rex Ferrara

I’m convinced there is a new team working on it and will have enough new content to merit a new installment. Of course they are going to use assets from the older games.

N

Noah Brown

I don't think it's a port

N

Noah Brown

I see what you're saying. There's no change you can really do to make smash brothers and different. Everyone still gets hype for the 2k games and the Madden games, and it's no different with Smash. I think that it's going to be a new game, but it's not going to be a port of the Wii u version. Obviously it's gonna have most of the same characters because they'll all iconic, but bring like subspace ebessary, and more unlockable characters and more achievements.

B

Brian Foster

Paragraphs/line breaks are your friend.

J

Josh Brown

Yeah, I feel the same way. I feel like it's a half-step up, so to speak.

D

Dany Kings

I thinks it’s both too... with a lot Wii U content and new content as well. I think it will be a November release and if Pokemon doesn’t come through this will be the game they are going to rely on

E

Edgar V Camacho

I'm so done with this subject. Every other post in here is about this. Why does everyone think their opinion on this has to be heard by the whole community. I'm about to dump this group.

D

Dan Hall

I concur; It will probably be a mixture of both. I would much rather have a Smash Switch that is Half Wii U, Half new material, then wait till bloody 2020 for a damn game!

Using the "half and half" half the works already done, meaning they can poor development time into NEW CHARACTERS and probably a bad ass single player experience. Hopefully balancing the roster along with it, while having a *stupid* amount of characters to be playable.

J

Josean Alvarez

A

Anthony Vaccarella

This is ridiculous. It's a NEW game

M

Mike York

There better be a story mode

E

Ethan Hull

They won't just call it "Super Smash Bros" again

D