Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Switch Community, looking for your expertise to help with a situation. Just started...

M

Malachi Somerled

Switch Community, looking for your expertise to help with a situation.
Just started playing Disgaea 5 today, and I get one of the black screen with white text system errors, and it told me to restart and if problems persist to do the 12 second power button hard shut off.
I've tried all of that, and now my switch screen will not turn on. It responds to input as there is sound coming from it, and it will even turn on my TV screen, but the switch screen itself suddenly will not turn on.
Has anybody encountered this, and you know if there is a fix other than sending it to Nintendo?

Including a video showing the symptoms.

EDIT: Resolved. Read comments, but basically navigate to screen brightness and move the slider to fix.

J

Jason Foster

Call Nintendo

B

Brooke Rothschild

Keep this video away from crowbcat

E

Edward Garcia

Looks like a defective unit. I would send it to Nintendo.

M

Malachi Somerled

Good news! I kept playing with it and took a long shot.
Under settings I found the adjust screen brightness option. Of course doesn't work on the TV, but I was able to select it on my TV and then when I took out
my switch I adjusted it blindly, and the screen turned back on.
Apparently it's just did not realize the screen was supposed to be on or something. I've turned off the auto screen brightness adjustment in hopes of avoiding this in the future.

Don't know if anyone will ever encounter this oddity again, but if so, there is a solution to try!

Thanks for the input. Was expecting to have to send it back, but definitely did not want to if I didn't have to

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom