Contact advertising [email protected]

Software developer looking for some building tips. Let’s get this out of the way....

J

Joseph Lyons

Software developer looking for some building tips.

Let’s get this out of the way. I’m a Mac user and I use macOS to code in C++ and in other languages. However, I do release my software on Windows as well. Up until now, I just did all my compiling on my fiancé’s very terrible Lenovo base line laptop, which is horribly slow (since the day we bought it for her), but now I want to build my own PC to install Windows and some Linux distros.

What are some tips for new builders? I owned Windows machines a decade or so ago, but never built my own.

I don’t need an insane graphics card, because I won’t be doing really any gaming (fiancé might, but just online games like WoW), so Is rather save money by purchasing a mid-grade graphics card and spend it on a high end processor, ram, and storage.

I’m currently looking into the Anidees Cube Case:
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I suppose my biggest concern is trying to buy components that will play well with another and knowing what mobo or PSH to pick up. I’m almost worried about applying thermal paste and whatnot. Any tips or components to recommend?

N

Nick Harrington

Do you have a budget in mind?

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom