Contact advertising [email protected]

So my buddy gave me his old PC. It has an AMD Athlon 64 x2 CPU and 2gb of ram. He...

Z

Zachary Abel

So my buddy gave me his old PC. It has an AMD Athlon 64 x2 CPU and 2gb of ram. He hasn't started it in 5 years. First thing I did was pull the CPU cooler off, blow the dust out, and change the thermal paste. Turned it on and everything was going great until the screen went hazy. I turned it off and now I get no video or anything. Only thing I can think of is this brown capacitor. It's slightly bulging at the top and has some brown stuff coming out. Any ideas?

C

Cameron Horbal

Its dead

S

Sam Gibbons

Dead cap for sure

Z

Zachary Abel

Would that one cap completely kill the whole thing though?

L

Luke Tsotigh Jr.

replace the cap and it'll run like a new machine

G

Garrick Schull

Gone. Atleast it's an old worthless POS so no big loss.

J

Jason Bowman

F

R

Rennier P. Rodil

Replace the caps the it'll be good

K

Kyle King

Get a new mobo... o and wile ur at it get a new cpu haha... seriosly tho get a cpu mobo combo from eBay for less than a bill with 8gb of ddr3 and call it a day seriosly at this point a embedded cpu to mobo chepo for 10 bucks would out perform a athelon 2 so ya I know u can do it I just grabbed a micro atx ASRock board with a AMD 6790k APU 4.1ghz combo for 76 and 8gb of DRAM for 50 to retrofit an old dell inspiron that litteraly had the exact same athelon 2 x2 64 and probebly the same shit board seriosly it's cheap and its a massive upgrade from that old rusty dusty athelon

D

Dennis Gano

Can sure tell who was born after 95'

T

Thomas Patrick

You can try replacing the capacitors if you have the skill... If not, part it out and sell what you can.

L

Luke Tsotigh Jr.

the cap should be a 16v 470uF capacitor

L

Luke Tsotigh Jr.

I might have a few on a spare amd board

P

Paul Dowson-Trevathan

My one of those is still running fine good for gaming

P

Paul Dowson-Trevathan

Just replace the capacitors and they will be fine