Contact advertising [email protected]

So I bought TP-Link powerline adapter, in hopes of fixing my unstable wifi (usb wifi...

C

Chris Schmall

So I bought TP-Link powerline adapter, in hopes of fixing my unstable wifi (usb wifi stick) because running an ethernet cable all the way from the modem is trying to be avoided. It would be all the way across the house. I was finally able to get it "working" with piss poor results. I'm assuming that the powerline adapters lose their signal strength the further they are away from the modem? I tried it on my brothers laptop as well, halfway across the house and got 20mbps down and I can't remember what up. Confirm my suspicions or disprove them.

Thanks.

B

Blake Dalenko

When was your house built?

B

Blake Dalenko

I use a neatgear 1000mbps Wi-Fi edition and I have absolutely no issues.. Less than a .5mbps drop and the stayed the same on

5 seperate test

S

Sean Dathe

Power line is very dependent on the power line hardware and also the way your house is wired.

J

Jason Marble

Hey, so I have a zyxel power line adapter that I use in my apartment complex. The modem is 3 doors down in an office and WiFi was horrific. What I’ve learned was to make sure you avoid using power strips or extension cords. Aim to plug both ins straight to the wall for best results. Also, if your house has multiple power lines that are on different (fuses, switches? I forgot the term) that can also reduce speed.

C

Chris Schmall

The house was built in the 70s, but the basement was completely finished, where my PC and the modem both are, about 10 years ago.

J

Josh Bolt

Are the powerpoints on the same circuit? As in does the one circuit breaker shut both powerpoints off or do they use seperate circuit breakers

J

Jason Dudek

Question, why not just use a 2nd router as an extender for the Wi-Fi?

D

Dan Mustallikas

i had a problem where my download was 1 mb and when i added a bit of folium around my wifi stick it went to 20 mb. But i had to test with diferent sises and shapes for it to work.

R

Ross Horsey

I use a powerline adapter, my PC is in the conservatory at the rear of the house and the modem is at the front. Loss is negligible.

C

Chris Schmall

I'm thinking it's just due to being in septate circuits then. I might try out different outlets today but not having too high of hopes, since from what I remember when we did the basement, most of the rooms are on their own circuit.

B

Blake Wharton

Power line adapters are nearly lossless. Those things are surprisingly amazing products if you just don't want to shot a cat-5e line.

A

Andy Schille

I know it sounds dumb, but try flipping the ethernet cable with the other side in your PC.

J

Jj Hronek

I’d honestly pick up a pcie wifi adapter if your range isn’t bad. There isn’t any noticeable difference if using 5ghz network

P

Paul Fisher

I’d just bite the bullet and lay some cat 5 or 6...

L

Luca Chana

Powerline didn't work in my house at all only in our garage so just installed an ethernet cable, managed to get a refund on them as well

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom