Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch So I bought Mighty Gunvolt Burst as soon as I heard of it because it sounded amazing....

J

John Piazza

So I bought Mighty Gunvolt Burst as soon as I heard of it because it sounded amazing. (I've never played Mighty No 9 but I've played both Azure Striker Gunvolt games, Mighty Gunvolt, and every Mega Man game.)

So at first it looked and played as I expected, but then when I beat my first boss and it didn't do the traditional "get equipped with yadda yadda.." I was like ok. So I looked up online the boss order and the first thing that confused me was that the weapon/element names didn't match. The game calls them Fire, Crystal, Spark, Drill etc, yet all the online guides call them Heat, Freeze, Shock, Smash etc. I mean it's easy to tell which ones they're referring to but why are the guide names different and where are they getting the alternate names from? So for a while I was confused as to which weapon to use on which boss.

Then I figured out you don't just switch between weapons like in Mega Man, you have to create a new type of bullet instead. Once i figured that out I was like ok that's weird but whatever.

Then I realized (and I haven't confirmed this yet since ive been following the boss order guide) but it seems to me like since you don't get the element from the boss when you beat them like in Mega Man, you just get CP points throughout the level, you could technically make any element weapon you want any time without having beat the boss who in a normal Mega Man game would unlock Fire for you. Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I like the fact that you can spend CP to increase range, attack, direction, etc. That's really cool. But the rest of the stuff was super confusing.

C

Cesar Neg

Welcome to the old-school style of gaming

L

Lino Gambella

i got the game too and the CP/weapon system is very interesting (and completely different from megaman)
it seems a bit on the easy side tho but i probably didn't play through enough yet

J

John Piazza

Am I right about being able to craft any weapon anytime you want without needing to beat that element's boss first?

F

Franz Jonnel Taruc Palentinos

You think that's bad, look up the names of bosses in Mega Man X5 vs their names in the manual

K

Kevin A Kurz

Maybe I'll buy this now

K

Keith Pickard

maybe you're looking at a guide for a non-english version of the game

J

John Piazza

So I posted this exact post on gamefaqs and this is a response I got:

"TC got it wrong.

You do get elements from beating the boss, like in a Mega Man game. It's one of the 3 rewards you can choose (the other 2 being a raise in the max CP, and a sticker). After that, you can customize the element to any slots you want. You have 24 customisation slots, so more than enough to have one config for each element, like a true Mega Man game.

The bullet type is actually just cosmetic. It is there to reflect the element you can get indeed, in case you want a visual confirmation you're using the right element, but you can do a Fire bullet that will be the Freeze element if you want. I repeat, the Bullet type is only there for the "look". What matter is the element of your bullet, and this is what you get by beating boss.

One of the biggest thing the game offers is the amount of customisation you can do to EVERYTHING on you character. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be addicted."

Now I'm even MORE confused because that's NOT what's happening in my game at all.

O

Od Turtle

When I was playing as Beck, I tried out the 8 elements in testing mode via the customization. but you're saying the gamefaqs people are saying it's only cosmetic? Interesting....Hmm...now I wanna confirm this on my own later...

J

John Piazza

I went back and rebeat the first boss I had defeated and this time it gave me his element. Now element shows up on the customization menu. So I basically have to rebeat all the bosses. Not sure why it didn't just let me choose the element as a reward the first time...

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom