Contact advertising [email protected]

Serious Q. I'm trying desperately to learn/get better at dps in situations where my...

K

Kim Hughes

Serious Q. I'm trying desperately to learn/get better at dps in situations where my team is full of tank and heal mains, but for the life of me I never get the opportunity to pick dps. I instalock it, but then everyone else locks in dps and I cave in and eventually pick a tank or something that's not going to throw the game for people. I've done bot training and aim training in custom games and deatmatch but those aren't anywhere near a comp situation

So Q. How am I supposed to learn DPS in comp situations if I never get to pick it? Tips please.

H

Hayden Sprague

Be selfish

H

Hayden Sprague

If you want to learn a popular role you can't be the one to cave

S

Stephanie Rosado

^ what he says. Eventually one of them will cave

K

Kim Hughes

Oohh but its so hard we're basically starting the match and leaving the spawn before im like.. fuck it.. and switch.

M

Matteo Cherchi

PUGs/Scrims

S

Sandro Hunswijk

If you got to your rank being tank/support. But you also want to play dps become very comfortable in qp with your dps hero. the biggest issue I encounter in comp is also alot of dps. But I got to diamond as a dps main and now i lose alot of matches because tank and support mains insta lock dps. They don't know how to position and/or aim. And just overextend and feed in general. If you aren't confident in your role as dps to outplay the enemy team. Stay tank/support

D

Daniella Angeline Grego

I really need to learn dps too I thought it'd help doing the matches vs ai but everyone kills them all too quick for me to try stuff out

P

Parker Atkins

Maybe get a dps only smurf or just take the dive a couple times and be the extra dps if you preform better it puts pressure on others to swap to fill

A

Anna Wang

I mean you kinda answered your own problem. You're training to be a better dps so you can fill for that role when the occasion comes? Yeah you'll quickly learn there's never a shortage of dps... like ever lmao.

A

Anna Wang

This vid wraps it up pretty well

P

Paul Hitchens

Play Deathmatch?

L

Laura Catt

Best advice would be to team up with people and you get a better chance to DPS. Its hard to get a good team comp when solo queing as most people have conflicting mains. I give you credit for caving in and I thinknits the right thing to do. I personally usually just let the team pick then fill even though I'm a DPS main.

H

Harley Hong

be bold with your genji and widow pick and ignore the rest of the team.

D

Dan Hegarty

just play qp and ignore people that cry

K

Kenji Koyama

Do you play PC? Because I am a support/tank main. And most of my friends I play with are tank support mains. So we could use someone who plays dps

P

Panda Lau

Never have I ever heard a statement as bold as "my team is full of support and tank mains" that's is like the most impossible thing ever in overwatch

K

Kim Hughes

Well quick update: I played DPS for placements really badly on an ALT account that finished at 2900 last season (I only did placements and nothing else). I placed 3128 which is a lot higher than my 2 support/tank accounts that I tryhard on. Seriously I barely made 1 kill for 1 death so I was expecting to be in Gold/low plat because it was awful and everyone was shouting at me through the placements for being so bad. I think I can officially say placements are broken as fuck.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom