Contact advertising [email protected]

Right, sorry in advance for this wall of text, but I think it needs to be addressed....

C

Chaz Ster

Right, sorry in advance for this wall of text, but I think it needs to be addressed.

Browing through comments, I see a lot of people desire that Forza Horizon 4 is set in Japan, and I couldn't agree more - we haven't explored Asia yet and it would be really fun to enjoy all the classic activities in publics with other people.

You notice there that I said 'classic activities', didn't I?

The problem is with setting any kind of racing game in Japan, with customisation, is that it needs to be just on the sweet spot of Japanese culture. We can't have Playground Games shoving in Veyrons just so we can see 7-year olds roar up the Wangan at 250mph into the back of a lorry.

As such, I thought I'd compile a list of 3 things that I think Playground Games would have to do within the possibility of a Forza set in Japan to, in my opinion, make it work.

1) In terms of cars, the more obvious thing is to add more Japanese cars in, just like how more Australian cars were added to Forza Horizon 3. I know everyone has their varied opinion on what would work, but I think we need stuff like a proper Zenki 180SX (Pignose), the AE86 Levin, Mitsubishi Lancer EX models, the original Honda Ballade Sports CR-X, the Toyota Cresta/Chaser/Mark II (in my specific opinion, the GX71 models), the Nissan Fairlady Z (S130 Z31) and so on. But it isn't just adding in Japanese cars, a number of cars in my opinion need to be scaled down or fully removed, these being the huge number of modern supercars. And yes, I understand that there are a lot of modern supercars in Japan, but I think that the game would be ruined for proper enthusiasts if we're touge racing in our AE86s and RX-7s in the mountains and we have a tonne of LB Aventadors being driven by 5-year olds who think they're being cool (spoiler: they're not).

2) Customisation here is another important key. If we have the same parts as the cars from FH3 (Forza parts, LB and RB kits, etc), then the game's gonna suck. We need authentic licensed parts on every car, even if that involves OEM-sepc upgrades. We need popular brands like Top Secret, HKS, Greddy, RAYS, RS Watanabe, SSR, and so on, but we also need more rare, collectable parts for the older cars especially - East Bear, Auto Garage TBK, ABR Hosoki Engineering, AbFlug, Pentroof, Revolve S.A., RE Amemiya, Kameari - the list goes on. I know that would be a huge task to handle, but come on, I think many people in the whole enthiast/replication scene would be very happy to drive an ABR S130Z indeed. But this isn't event the full story. Interior customisation would be brilliant - steering wheels (Nardi, MOMO, Italvolante, OMP, etc), new gauges (HKS, ULTRA, custom OEM, etc), new seats (Bride, Recaro, etc) and much more would look really good. We need to be able to place stickers on windows, too - I'd love to be able to see a Mid Night windscreen sticker, but these stickers are easily sortable amongst the Forza community.

3) Roads... in my opinion, Forza kinda screwed up with FH3. Not to say that the roads weren't bad - they were great roads. But... the variety left a lot to be desired. There was no specific mountain road, which is understandable, since Australia is quite flat. But, in FH2, there wasn't one, either - and that's Europe, which has a lot of hills. There needs to be a least one touge within a Japanese Forza - it's the main key road, for most people. For me, at least, I'd love to see a proper freeway system - not like the pitiful excuse in FH3. A proper Bayshore Route, or Wangan-sen would be perfect for Mid Night romps in a Fairlady.

That's just three things, though. What else would you want in a Japanese Forza game? Post below in the comments and it might be interesting to see...

D

Daniel Esteves

Keep dreaming they will keep do their thing ....not listing to us

M

Mike Kieler Andersen

Well if Toyota isnt gonna be in forza anymore it would be stupid imo. That would be like making it to be in germany and not include VW

R

Reece Putney

You wrote all of that for fuck all

B

Brendan Ciaran Hallford

Chaz i have to disagree the supercars are wat make forza fun wen ur drivin the cars that u can only dream of owning and flying up and down the motorways in them regardless of wer the game is set

Z

Zhen Qiang

They should set a forza in nz with r32 4 doors cefs laurels more of the old hacks would make it funner my opinion

R

Robbie Osborne

I would like more 2jz and 1jz swap aswell

O

Olly Lucas

Why is everyone jumping down hes throat? Its hes opinion and everyone is aloud to have one. I see where hes coming from, most car guys can only afford these cheaper older cars over super cars. So why not put more of these old cars in the game etc? Its so boring flying round in a lambo doing 270mph+ all the time.

J

Jamie Booth

I wish we could have a sileighty

J

Jimmy Ervin

We need all the cars. That's all I got.

T

Timothy Lin

Yea. None of that is happening even if you petitioned to them. It's a good list I agree since I'm all about that Japanese car scene being in a game but seeing how playground did Australia dirty by putting in only a handful of commies/falcons in this time around I have little hope lol

E

Ed Davis

Lol there are plenty of supercars in Japan

R

Ross Green

Lowering the amount of supercars due to the game travelling to Japan is completely pointless. Japan's supercars culture is just as big if not bigger than the cult classics. If you wanr a truly Japanese game you would need to add in bozo cars/trucks, bikes etc etc. But as for lowering the supercars I disagree. However improving on the customisation of said supercars could be looked upon to make them "fit in" and that would make a true Japanese experience because wangan racing always had supercars they just looked like this

J

Josh Ferguson

When's the next wangan meet?

J

Jacob Hudson

If it was true and bring back the mountain that alone will change things

A

Aaron Hallsworth

The drift mountin with sim damage now that would be a fun drift haha

C

Cobey Rivera

Honestly I just want the veilside kit for the rx-7 and 350z is all I really want from horizon 4

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom