Contact advertising [email protected]

Switch Quick Q. Loved zelda so much on the switch, was thinking of buying a wiiu and...

J

James Goff

Quick Q. Loved zelda so much on the switch, was thinking of buying a wiiu and twilight princess. However, i prefer to play on the handheld rather than the TV. Would wiiu allow you to play the whole game just on the handheld?

E

Eric Sellers

Yes and no.
You CAN play the majority of the Wii U's games just on the game pad, but, it doesn't function like the Switch.
The Wii U controller, unlike the Switch, is still very much just a controller; you have to be within a certain distance from the console, or the console starts failing to detect the controller and the game auto-pauses until you're in range again.

So basically, as long as you don't mind having to be within a certain distance of the main console unit, the Wii U should be just fine for your at-home play, even if you only want to use the game pad.

D

Diana Gunn Fields

I think some games require gamepad AND TV i
so check online about the particular game you are wanting.

J

Joe Foster

I would be amazed if Twilight Princess and Windwaker weren't rereleased on the Switch by this time next year.

G

Gregg Cerenzio

I'd like to see more Zelda games on Switch. I own all of them since NES, but, BOTW, is the 1st one (and only) I ever played.

J

James Goff

do you think it takes them much work to port over to the switch? Were the others which were ported to 3ds and wiiu straight ports or updated?

M

Matthew Cherney

I would hope they would maybe put twilight princess and wind waker on the eShop down the road like they did with skyward sword on the Wii u

J

Joshua Tripp

Certain games (mainly the big gimmick ones like zombieU) do require both, but that's a pretty niche category

S

Steven Hennig

Twilight Princess HD u can play on just the game pad like wind waker HD. I own both so I know from experience

S

Steven Hennig

And yes it's the whole game

D

Daniel Share-Strom

Honestly, I'd personally hold off anyway--I have a feeling they'll port Twilight Princess and Wind Waker to the Switch.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom