Contact advertising [email protected]

Xbox One Please someone help Rod Marshall understand Breeding and taming. Rod thinks a babies...

J

Joe Rosser

Please someone help Rod Marshall understand Breeding and taming. Rod thinks a babies stats are derived from pre-tame stats (stats at knockout), opposed to the stand-up stats (prior to player leveling). With taming Rod also thinks if you inflict to much damage on a dino while trying to knock it out it will lower taming effectiveness (he does not mean damage while unconscious, but damage while you are still tranqing it before it goes down). Can the community please clarify :)

R

Rod Marshall

Yeah also feel free to reference the Official guide straight from the developers he has provided me as well

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

B

Bek Tec

As for Dino taking torpor dmg that is overtime while damage is direct, every Dino is different when it comes to how careful you have to time your shots in order to not kill it before it goes to sleep.

C

Carlos Cruces

Just don't hit it after it's down and you're good doesn't matter if it has 1 Heath left when you KO it can still get full taming efficiency

R

Rod Marshall

full taming efficiency you say....that's good to know

R

Rod Marshall

so you can beat the shit out of tame before you knock it out and it won't matter, makes sense.

I'm taking notes down for sure

J

Jason Shaw

No lol OMG

R

Rod Marshall

I'd love to see two 150 pteranodon kibble tames, one with 30 points in melee, the other with whatever... and 2nd gen babies popping with 280-300+ melee on hatch with no mutes...

i'll wait....

R

Rod Marshall

should be easy if they pull from post-tame stats

A

Aidan Parsons

Rods a nob head

G

Garret Broussard

Rod thinks a babies stats are derived from pre-tame stats (stats at knockout), opposed to the stand-up stats (prior to player leveling).

Stats are derived from standup. You can literally match the babies to the parents besides mutations.

With taming Rod also thinks if you inflict to much damage on a dino while trying to knock it out it will lower taming effectiveness (he does not mean damage while unconscious, but damage while you are still tranqing it before it goes down).

As soon as animal drops any further damage will ONLY lower taming effectiveness. I've had a mosa with 57 health left stand up as a perfect tame.

You're welcome. And tell Rod he needs to do a bit more research.

J

Jason Shaw

Ur right on dmg wrong in stats , there would b no need for effectiveness

D

Dan Woodman

For rod

M

Mads Monseth Dahlberg

Rod must be a troll right? Claims to have 1000 hours of experience and knows nothing about how taming efficency and breeding works...

A

Alexandra Dembie

This got me thinking about how awesome baby gigas would be if they actually could inherit pre-tamed stats... that pre-nerf health sure would be nice...

J

James Meline

I've had this same discussion before the stats come from.stand up, pre xp stats. The stats the dino has when it is tame and has no lvls applied. Same as breeding it's the stats at hatch, not the stats after imprint. As those are not beginning stats, but stats gained from a loving raise.

With damage and effectiveness of tame, it is all about the damage after it is down. Period.

Otherwise effectiveness is based on the food being feed. Kibble(of the right kind) has none; with a slight drop in effectiveness each time it eats lower quality food, adding for each descending quality of food.

L

Levi Peacock

Right from the link you provided rod this is a quote that proves you wrong on inherited stats to babies.

"The spawn of two dinosaurs will inherit the "natural" stat levels of its parents. Natural stat levels are the levels in each stat after it has been tamed but before it gains any stats through leveling-up by a player."

Says right there it's based off the states after tamed.

M

Matt Irwin

Sorry Rod, the guy who made this post is right

B

Brandon Ackers

I've watched a lot of videos on this and if you tame a male 150 ptera and a 150 female it doesn't matter how many lvls you put into them, the baby will only inherit 70% of the better stats of the mother and father at their base stats

J

Justin Walston

Well even tho rod is wrong he's really sticking to his point lmao

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom