Contact advertising [email protected]

Overwatch is my first FPS so I'm still learning some of the terms. What does it mean...

C

Christy Raasch

Overwatch is my first FPS so I'm still learning some of the terms. What does it mean to "Peel" I feel like it means to go off to handle something? but I'd love some more information.

S

Seif Amir

Up

B

Brian VanSickle Jr.

Peeling for someone is when you assist them by helping to get an enemy off them in some way

C

Carlos Rangel

It basically means to help a teammate if they’re in trouble as far as I know

N

Niko Soria

Peel someone off of someone else, usually the tanks job to “peel” enemies off of supports and their dps

F

Fox Senpai II

never heard of the term Peel

G

Gabe Killian

It means getting rid of an enemy that's on one of your teammates

N

Natasha Simpkins

I’ve been playing OW for almost a year and this is the first time I’ve heard that term lol

M

Miller Lindsay

Peeling is also like such. Junk rat lobs grenades in and weakens the enemy healer. Widowmaker then lands a shot on her and kill her. She was able to kill mercy without a headshot, because junkrat peeled her.

K

Ken Higgins

Term comes up a lot when talking about dive comp. Winston and diva are pretty good at this. Causing space and distraction to protect squishies.

M

Micah Cleveland

"peeling" is where you "peel" an enemy off your ally either via body blocking or CC of some sort.

C

Chris Fahmy

That Winston image is way too perfect, lmfao.

L

Lee Morrison

Interesting. I thought "to peel" was to break off from the front to protect the back line support.

M

Miguel Angel Opazo Arancibia

That's LOL lingo methinks. A FPS player would had never heard about it.

G

Genji Shimada

The ability in which a DPS or a Tank comes back for either their supports (most of the time) or another team mate to get them protected and get an enemy to move away from them or just eliminate them completely. Supports may do this in cases for bait but its too risky.

T

Tom A Chu

Everyone's got It down pat.
For example if youre a dva and a winston fucks with your mercy. You bump him off and either kill him or get him to run

D

Danny Randall

Peeling is a term is to prevent a enemy from sticking to a ally, example winston is up in soldiers face electrifying his ass. Soldier would ask Anna to peel this monkey so Anna would sleep dart Winston so he cannot face tank and kill the soldier

J

Justin Goulais

Read up on MOBA language. 90% of it is also used in OW.

K

Kayla Marie

Tanks taking enemy aggression off the more squishy characters so the squishies can get away and/or do damage to the attackers

C

Chris Cushman

I'm sure you got the gist from everyone up top telling you but certain hero specialize in peeling and other specialized in initiating. Most of the time it's a tank but also mei can do it with her ice wall.

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom