Contact advertising [email protected]

Ok, I need help. Yesterday I tried to put together a PC. I have built PCs before, and...

A

Andreas Lindholm

Ok, I need help. Yesterday I tried to put together a PC. I have built PCs before, and not had troubles before. But this time I am stuck. I put all pieces together and started up. Case fans, CPU fan, GPU fan and RAM leds light up(i bough venegance rgb). The CD spins and there is no beeps or any other error codes, but I get no image on my monitors. But it seems like the display gets signal cause it does not say that it is looking for a signal. It just shows plain black. So I can not get into bios or atleast I can not see that I am in it. The motherboard is a asus z370 plus and the CPU 1151 i5 8600k. Any ideas what to do? I have reseated everything except the CPU.

A

Andrew Cobb

U sure ur motherboard is able to run the 6800k , maybe need to update bios?

D

Dennis Barbier

did you by chance in stall a video card but plug monitor into onboard connectr?

monitor light amber or green?

and make sure your not missing the 8 pin power cpu conector to the mb.

K

Kyle Poorman

Check to be sure there are no bent pins on your cpu. And check to be sure you're running your display off the gpu. I have made that mistake a few times.

K

Keiyam Keiyam

If u have the mother speaker hooked up. Remove the ram . If it beeps u know it booting past the cpu . If u get nothing then you are not posting past the cpu

M

Miyu Tsukino

Been a long time since I've played around with this stuff but you should consult your motherboard manual, often times motherboards have blinking lights to signal errors, and the manual can tell you what error that is, and whether its your hardrive or not.

J

Jim Dizon

Check your manual where your ram positions are if you’re using 2 sticks. For gigabyte boards it’s 2 and 4 as an example.

J

Joseph Mcmanigal

Assuming you are installing the OS with the cd, I would plug your monitor into the motherboard, install the OS, then drivers for the graphics card, then swap the monitor over to the gpu

M

Michael Labrie Gamache

could be ram , always use slot 1 coupled with the third, the 1 being often the one next to cpu directly. Otherwise I dont see why but assuming the gpu is okay the mobo wouuld directly starrt with igpu ? if so you could try booting without gpu !

G

Giacomo Noghera

Try reseating the ram again in slots 1 and 3
Amber means there is some power related issue, every time it happened to me it was the ram and I usually fixed by reseating it

A

Andrew Cobb

My motherboard z270 msi says ram slot 2/4 are what it says for placemenf

E

Eric Sheets

Try 1/3.

W

Will Park

I've had the same issues when everything should be working... when all else fails, unplug all RAM, take out mobo battery, take out GPU, UNPLUG PSU, wait 30min, pray to PC gods, plug everything back in and hope it works.

R

Raymond Gonzales

I had a similar problem.. ended up being my monitor setting wasn't on display port ‍♂

D

Džakwan Hanip

Have you tried assembling the pc outside the case? Like on the mobo box, and see if it posts?

D

Dean St Onge

Same thing happened to me, I took out the CMOS battery, and memory. Turned it on and off. Replaced the the battery, and then the DIMMS one by one until everything worked again.

A

Andreas Lindholm

What the fuck! I got it working by disconnecting all case fans and inserting only one memory in THE WRONG lane!

E

Eric Sheets

Connect the fans back. If it's not working when you do that, something is wrong with that PSU

Contact advertising [email protected]
Top Bottom